1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to bind my chest?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bring it, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I first asked my parents for a chest binder, they said they wanted to talk to a counselor about it to see if I'm "stable enough to handle it." The appointment was never made, and I haven't brought it up since. So for the time being at least, a proper binder isn't an option for me. I was wondering what other methods people use to bind their chests? (Excluding ace bandages, obviously)

2. Acm

Acm Guest

You could use double sports bras, that's what I usually use. I also made one out of elastic that's safe if worn for shorter periods of time, but it requires a bit of sewing (not a lot though)

3. wanderinggirl

Sorry you're not allowed to bind; I hope for your sake they change their minds. In the meantime, people use bike shorts, control-top pantyhose, double sports bras, etc. If you use sports bras, layer a smaller one under a larger one, and wear the band of the smaller one up on top of the breasts so that it flattens them out in the middle/bottom. I haven't tried the other methods; not sure how they work. The idea is if you cut off the legs and cut a hole in the crotch you can turn it upside down, put your head through the hole and use the leg holes as arm holes.

Another option is this, the magicotton sports binder from underworks: it could definitely pass as a sports bra, but the shape it gives is a little different from a sports bra. I have it and it works pretty well, especially if you layer over it.

4. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like the two before me, I highly suggest sports bras. I'm a D cup and don't really feel the need to buy a binder because the sports bra I have makes me look flat in mens clothing. Although it might be a size too small...

You could also ask a friend of yours to have it delivered to their house? (A binder - if you order one online, or give them money to do it for you.)

5. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    High compression sport bras are a good way to go. Get them for "gym class"

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Its up to you... but a counselor might help you...
    a gender therapist or possibly someone from an lgbt center....

7. Nimun

Yeah compression sports bras are good. Definitely avoid ace bandage though, because it can mess up your ribs.