1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Gender Confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Twexey, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Twexey

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi. Alright so I'm looking for help figuring out what gender I may be. This is kinda hard for me to explain but sometimes I'm just thinking about genders and pronouns and stuff and I think to myself "i wouldn't care/mind if someone used 'male' pronouns when talking about me" (I have XX chromosomes and I have been going by cis female) And then I think to myself "What if I'm not cis?" Then I rethink that and say to myself "Yea right. I'm cis female. I like being female." But then I think "What if I'm just scared to think otherwise?" And again I go back on that and think "Haha, bs. I'm gonna be me, and I'm cis female." And sometimes I wake up and wish I was male and wanna go out crossdressed and then I think "nahhh" And majority of the time I feel female or wake up and wanna crossdress then think "No, I'm too awesome looking as a female right now." So basically to sum it up I feel ok with any pronoun and I usually identify as female and love being female, but sometimes I feel male. And when I feel male sometimes I want others to see me as male and sometimes I don't want them to see me as male. Or the other way around, sometimes I feel female but want people to see me as male. And sometimes I wish I was born male but most of the time I don't. Me and my friend have been talking about it and so far I feel like genderfluid or genderbender/genderfuck are close but he suggested that may I should ask others to see if they can help as well. Thanks for reading.

2. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm.... It doesn't sound like you are trans, especially if most of the time you are happy with your identity/body. You may be genderfluid (sometimes male, sometimes female) or you could be genderqueer (umbrella term for gender nonconforming).

Take the time you need to figure out how you most closely identify. Don't rush it. If you are still confused after a while, try seeking out a gender therapist to help you.

Remember, no one can tell you what you are. You know how you feel better than anyone on here. It really comes down to who you feel like you are.

3. Twexey

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the advice and yea so far genderfluid keeps looking better and better. But I'm not gonna stress about figure it out right this second, thanks ^^

4. ERA

ERA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel the same way often. I wish I was a girl, but I also don't want to not be a guy. I finally settled on androgyne. Bigender is another term to look into. My understanding that an androgyne is a mix, while a bigender tends to switch back and forth.

5. Twexey

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, thats a good point too. I'll search those too.

6. Sanna

How about checking out which parts of you that you would like to be male and which parts of you you would like to be female?

7. Twexey

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sure if I get what you mean...but basically all this confusion is in my head. I don't have dysphoria (thankfully) its just sometime I wake up and think "I wish I was male." I dunno its hard to explain....sometimes I feel male, sometimes I feel female, sometimes I feel agendered, sometimes I feel like I'm both male and female. So yea...I'm 97% sure I'm genderfluid. But thank you for the advice everyone.