1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time crossdressing in public

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by mab2112, Sep 21, 2014.

1. mab2112

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I want to go out in public for the first time while crossdressing to see how I feel in assuming the female gender role, but I'm not really sure how to go about it. I already have a supporting friend to accompany me so I'll be more comfortable at least.

The things I'm worried about is how passable do I have to be? What are the things I should avoid? Where should I go to have a good time?

Thanks!

2. JessicaWolfess

if you are just at the mall with your friend and you don't talk to many people you might be fine

3. Sanna

Anime-conventions are great places to go for these kinds of things, as lots of characters in them love to crossdress. :grin:

4. AsheTheHuman

Absolutely! Even if you don't dress as a character, conventions- especially smaller, locally run ones- are super open to cross dressing. Everyone there is used to being considered weird or awkward, so we don't like making others feel that way. I've seen quite a few guys who just wear a dress without any specific character attachment, and. I've never heard anyone say anything to anyone at the multiple cons I've been to. Of course, it's probably only be really worth it if you enjoy anime, games, etc. You have a Pokemon avatar, though, so it seems like you do. I'd defiantly recommend looking up if you have a con going around if you seem interested.

5. Sanna

Quote: You have a Pokemon avatar, though, so it seems like you do. I'd defiantly recommend looking up if you have a con going around if you seem interested

This was precisely what I was thinking :grin: By the way, are there any Cons specifically just for Pokemon? Most of the ones I know are for more "mature" animes.

6. mab2112

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I went to a anime convention about a month ago and I was crossplaying Stocking from the anime Panty and Stocking with Garderbelt. It kind of gave me an idea of how I feel while crossdressing, but at the same time, I still considered it more of a costume. Also, in a way, I was still considering myself a dude in a dress during that weekend.

But now, I'm kind of looking for something more casual, more "how I feel in public as a girl" style. Think of it as self-exploration, or something like that. It was something I felt I couldn't get from that anime convention.

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Own it.

I used to be all conspicuous and stuff. But once I realized it was who I am I became fearless. A friend told me just own it. No one will question you.

And to be honest the first time I reallllyyyy went out full female for extended time was to test if this was really for me. Get it out of my system so it were.

Yea... no. It only made my desire to be female stronger.

8. mab2112

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's kind of the thinking I have. Test if that's what I want.

So in a way, I just go how I feel comfortable, not necessarily full female?

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well i always was one to wear girls shoes and skinny jeans and skirts from time to time before I even recognized what I am. But once I figured it out that it wasn't just ms being a cis male crossdresser but to pass as female I went all out and never looked back.

10. Techno Kid

Great advice Kasey!! ^ ^

11. June Cleaver

I did it first at 18 for a aids event,wearing a leather miniskirt fishnets, stiletto and all and my 1978 Grand Marquis coupe canary yellow and Brown needed fuel so I stopped at Amaco full survive and got the royal treatment and the burly attendant' s number insisting I call so I knew I was stunning giving me encourage! two girls I grew up with did my face and hair and helped me shop for my outfit. it is freedom to look right in public! addictive! June