1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off again on again dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Wuggums47, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Does anybody get breaks from their dysphoria? The social dysphoria and my feeling about my body hair is always there, but my dysphoria about genitals and curves comes and goes.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Mine comes and goes. It isn't a continual thing, and a part of that is, just conditioning myself to cope better.

However, there are times, when I see a particular looking woman, be it on a magazine, television, or in person, where that conditioning is shattered -- for how long, well, that kind of depends on two things. One, how mesmerized I am with the young woman (or women, if there are more than one), and their features. And Two, how I'm feeling in general that day; if I'm having a rougher day, then it can appear more frequently, or hit harder.

The most difficult though, is seeing women, just being themselves, and embracing their femininity that kills me. I've gotten better with dealing with it, but it still washes over me.