1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused..Am i genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TaylorRose, Sep 22, 2014.

1. TaylorRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hiya

So i've been recently thinking back on a few things, i grew up being very tomboyish, wore baggy jeans and hoodies had more guy friends than i did girls, and i liked to do alot of guy things, for example i liked playing football, basketball, and not acting lady like at all, that was when i was a teenager and i'm 20 now but even now i i act like a guy some days but then a girl other days, like some days i'll just wear hoodie and jeans and i've have felt like cutting my hair short (even though its already shortish now), but other days i'll feel like being girly wearing make up and maybe more girly clothes. i havent told anyone how i've been feeling recently not even my boyfriend even though i know he would support me but i'm kinda scared of what my family might think, they'll proberly say "it's a phase" :/

what do you think? am i genderfluid?

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    well... I'm not exactly the one to say, but generally speaking gender expression isn't necessarily an indicator of gender identity. It all depends on how you feel about it. If you don't feel like "I want to be a guy sometimes" than I'd say it's just different gender expression. You only really mentioned clothing / attitude, so it's hard to say. I don't think you're sure enough to determine something like that yet.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/150966-androgyne-identity.html#14

The tg spectrum goes i.e. from people living with almost androgynous appearance, to styling more like the preferred gender, etc...
    Of course the list is not all possible options.
    It's up to you to collect further information...
    You might also for example talk to a gender therapist or someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want.

I would do things I'm comfortable with, don't feel pressured to do something... its your decision...
    There is no only one right way to do this.
    Its your choice what you want to do...

#3 jay777, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014