1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random useless rant

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FancyGummy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    [Rant]
    As my profile says: gender? I don't really care. I have a bulge in my pants, I have a name typically defined as masculine (although I could imagine a girl having it as well...) and it doesn't bother me.

I sometimes act in a way typically described as "feminine". In fact, I tend to identify with girls more than guys. The few guys I identify with are the ones who actually feel things, and aren't afraid to be happy, cry, and generally show emotion beyond the the typical manly grunt. I don't really want to be considered female, I don't want to change my name, but I really don't like the baggage associated with whatever is between your legs. I just want to feel happy, but people find it strange when I act how I want.
    [/Rant]

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2014 at 11:56 AM ----------

Addendum: I have trouble understanding the concept of feeling uncomfortable in one's own body. In fact, I don't understand it at all. I have Asperger's disorder, which makes it very difficult to put myself in someone else's shoes, so to speak. I have always felt that changing my body to fit how I act would only be for the purpose of reaffirming gender roles. But I understand that there are people who genuinely feel uncomfortable in their own skin, so I don't question them. I wish others would stop questioning as well.