1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know where to put this, but it may belong here

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ashley2103, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Ashley2103

Yes, I get some of you guys are atheists and your just going to say "when you die, you die." It is almost favorable, but the thought of never existing how I wanted to be is, disturbing.

But for those who are spiritual (I don't even follow a belief system), I have a question that has been crushing me with paranoia and confusion.

Here it is:

If I was born in the wrong body, does that mean I have the wrong soul too?

It would be an eternal burden if I "woke up" after death and saw I had a male soul. I just wouldn't be able to cope with the fact. It would just create a mountain of self-hatred.

I know it sounds ridiculous, and I will probably be paranoid about it my whole life, but I thought I would just ask to try and ease the burden.

2. DominoSuis

Gonna be frank; I don't really know.

I'm constantly questioning my own gender as it is; and I think if I picked one/a label and woke up to find it was wrong, I'd be devastated too. So I can sympathise if that helps!

I think your question might get answers specific to what people believe in... I guess we'll find out!

3. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's something you'll have to decide for yourself. Personally I think that if I really feel like I'm a woman trapped in a man's body than I have the soul of a woman to begin with. But If I'm entirely honest I don't think souls are so limited by gender. I kinda figure the soul is just represented by how you see yourself, not the perceptions of others. Besides, if you believe in heaven, (and assuming you do) why would your personal heaven still have you stuck in the wrong body? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That doesn't sound very paradisey to me!

Just some thoughts, take them how you like~

4. cumberbatched

In my opinion you only have one soul and it has no gender. I think whatever mind your soul is attached to decides your preferred gender, and that may or may not correlate with your given body.

Just my thoughts on the matter :slight_smile:

5. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Disclaimer: These are my beliefs that I've come to through a lot of thinking, feeling and meditating. They represent how I feel and I don't want to suggest they're some kind of universal truth.

I don't believe souls are gendered, but if they were it would make sense that the feeling of incongruence is a result of mismatching body and soul genders. That means that you'd likely have a female soul.

Your ego dies with your body and your soul isn't capable of human emotions such as hatred or shame. There's not any actual right or wrong way to live life, just do what feels right.

-------------------- edit: cumberbatched responded while I was writing --------------------

This is exactly how I feel about it.

#5 HappyGirlLucky, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  6. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    now remember this is my opinion but here it goes, i belive souls are genderless and that they conform to who you want to be based upon your decisions in life. and the whoile heaven thing is that when you go to heaven you are happy you dont remember your life on earth and have no anger, saddness, or any bad or un happy feelings or thoughts. and i belive that hell is real too but just for the people who sin against god by blasphamy, temptation and other sins but can only be wiped away by prayers to god truely asking for forgive ness. sorry this was so long

7. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to agree with most of the people who have responded so far. It is my belief that souls are genderless. The mind attached to it at the moment is what determines the gender of the person.

8. June Cleaver

my thought is because I remember my last life in bits that have haunted me since early childhood of being a old lady dying in a hospital, a living room in modern 969 white futuristic furniture, that do not fit this life at all or family could explain. this body was to be female as I absorbed my twin brother which I still have four nipples, his not fully formed so my spirit that I feel died near my current birth ended with the wrong sexed body.my belief only. June