1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boobs and cleavage

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Awesome_trans_girl13, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    okay so ive had a bra for a while now and ive always stuffed it with underwear to make it look fuller, but i can never get cleavage. no matter how much i try i cant, does anyone have any cheap (less than five bucks) tips and tricks for me to try because i desperately want to have cleavage.

2. DominoSuis

Cleavage isn't something that all women get. I have a biologically female body (that I love!), but my chest is small. And 'shallow' (i.e. no volume on the top half of the boob). So I'm just... I've got these two lumps that sit there. It takes a padded plunge to give me any degree of cleavage.

Maybe you should consider getting a padded plunge? I know Bravissimo sells very good ones (AU15 if you browse their site). It's my go-to bra! Feels nice and smooth on the skin too. Actually, nevermind - here's a link for it!

3. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    thanks for the tip but im a big girl and i got professionaly sized and i would require a d 36 bra and im positive i would have cleavage.

4. DominoSuis

Well, not necessarily! : ) Anyone can be shallow busted. Being 'shallow' is not determined by size - it's more a factor of distribution of the breast itself.

But besides shallow breasts, there's also the possibility that your breasts may point out slightly? Or be wide set? If either is the case, then it will be a little harder to get cleavage - not always, but in most cases it is.

I'm sorry if I offended you at all - I was never implying you had small breasts, not at all! Only that I do when I was explaining my preference for the Satine plunge AU15.

5. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    wow i never thought about it that way b4, and noo! u didnt offend me at all i know i have small boobs i just want to be able to show off cleavage for when i go back to reg school and do drag every day.

6. DominoSuis

I totally get you! One of my gripes when I'm feeling girly is my lack of cleavage, it sucks. But hey, that's why plunges and padded bras exist : ) And I can get a small cleavage in the AU15, so that counts for something since I'm very shallow on top!

It's worth taking some time in front of the mirror - if you feel comfortable doing so - and checking your boobs yourself with your hands, getting a feel for their shape. Are they flat topped, or wide set? or both? Do they point outwards? Are they round or pear shaped? There's so many questions to ask. : ) If you can do that, then you'll get a feel for what bra type would suit you best.

For example, shallow breasts suit balconette bras or half cup bras. And wide set suit plunge bras. Full breasts suit full cups! and small breasts benefit from a padded pra. I'm wide set and shallow so the padded plunge works for me! Balconettes don't do much in my experience because of the wide set issue, sadly - since a lot of the designs for them are gorgeous! - but the plunge makes me feel really feminine when I'm showing off. : )

Hope this is all helpful!

7. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    i have cone shaped boobs that point outward, my regular cup size without stuffing is an a.

8. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

9. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    @anniebunnie- thanks ill be sure to watch it

10. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You just might use a bra and over that something like a spaghetti top with adjustable straps.
    The sphaghetti top creates the visual sight of a cleavage underneath it.

11. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    Well i have a size a cup so i have nothing to show off

12. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are padded bras. They do not have to be stuffed, they keep their form themselves.
    If you wear a spaghetti top above, the top creates the visual sight of a cleavage underneath it.

13. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh ok but i wont be able to buy one cuz im not allowed to

14. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've seen my friend double up padded bras - and she has A cups, and I was surprised at the difference it made. It looked natural too. Wearing a spaghetti top (like Jay777 said) would help in addition to that.

---

EDIT: What aren't you allowed to buy? Padded bras or tank tops? I'm assuming it's the bra.
    You could also buy a pack of those inserts for bathing suits and put those in your bra - one folded up to lift, and another to even it out inside the bra - the more you have, the larger it will be.

15. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, my parents dont exactly know im trans. I tried telling them and they denied it and when we shop for my mom i always give off hints like picking up a dress and holding it to my body and asking my mom if she likes it. But she dont get the hints

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2014 at 08:15 PM ----------

And im not allowed to buy any girl clothing

16. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gotcha!

Um, please don't be offended, but you're 15. I think you should go on your own to buy clothes. Or with a friend who knows that you're trans. If you don't have a job you could just ask for some money to buy your own clothes, or if they don't want you to do that, say you're going to a movie or something. It's dishonest, but I think you should be able to express yourself, especially when you're being so open about it with your parents and getting ignored.

You could also wait until it's your birthday or a similar holiday and are given money, and just treat yourself!

17. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You could look for example for a t-top, maybe there is a unisex section in the stores ?

You might also for example talk to a gender therapist or someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want. They might help you further...

18. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    Im only 13, and im not alowed to go to stores or movies with friends and i cant conceal my clothing because my mom goes through my room so any thought of me buying girl clothing would be a no go.

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2014 at 08:51 PM ----------

again im not alowed to be out alone or with friends either to clothing stores nor lgbt centeres.

19. DominoSuis

I agree with a majority of the advice here. Padded bras are wonderful and, sadly, it took me a long time to realise that. There's no shame in them! : )

Have you spoken to a school counsellor, if you feel comfortable doing so? They might be able to arrange for someone for you to talk to confidentially. Just a thought.

20. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    No i have never talked to a counselor, i might this year because i am confident aboutmy sexuality and gender