1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just want to pass, that's it

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by idekhonestly, Sep 25, 2014.

1. idekhonestly

Hey guys.

I'm a 17 year old guy(ftm), i'm in a relationship with another guy. I identify as male, which i am super happy with, but the problem is i rarely ever pass.

I want to pass so badly, but at the same time I am honestly very happy with my body. All i want is to pass, i don't mind binding and to be honest I don't mind being small, the only thing that bothers me is my voice... I would love to have a slightly deeper voice. Not a super deep super manly one, but just a more boyish one so that I would pass.

So, I was wondering... Can you start on T for like 1-3 months and then quit? or will you be stuck with a cracking voice then? Is it dangerous to do that? Or is there some other kind of sollution?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm pretty sure that the deep voice is one of the few affects of T that is permanent, so that hypothetically should work, but you would have to be prepared for some of the other permanent affects you might get

3. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I don't know for sure, but I wonder if you could train your voice to be deeper? It's not like you are trying to sound like Darth Vader, so maybe you could start on some training? IDK, but it might be worth looking into.

4. Arianrhod

Well as a woman with the opposite problem(voice wise still not happy with my body yet.) i suggest finding Trans friendly speech pathologist/ Voical theripist, The actual Difference between male and female voices is smaller then it seems andthere is a rather larger overlap between the Two..from my studies a big difference is the muscles in the vocal cords, when carriers of thr XY gene hit puberty they "Switch gears" so to speak and use a lower set of muscles when they talk, as well as projection being in the chest instead of the head.. but without a professional to help training your voice you could end up damaging your vocal cords badly so please please dont force yourself.

5. idekhonestly

I actually tried doing a bunch of voice exercises today and it does make it easier to speak with a lower voice... I'm actually considering finding a professional now who could help me.
    I doubt it will be enough to get me where i want with my voice though, but it's better than nothing for sure.

6. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

That's cool. What my thought was, you could start voice training like - now - as it turns out. :slight_smile:

For me, I like to take the actions that I can take. :slight_smile: