1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello i might need help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jasperb, Sep 25, 2014.

1. jasperb

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello, my name is Jasper, and I recently found out I'm actually a boy. However, something weird has been happened. Before recently, my depression medication used to suppress my gender dysphoria, but now it seems to do the opposite. Anyone know why this could have happened? My psychiatrist hasn't made any recent changes to the medication recently. Also, any general tips for coming out as trans? I'm gonna try talking to my therapist first before telling them, but I have to tell them sometime why I'm suddenly not wearing makeup and wearing boy clothing. Hope you all are having a fabulous day!
    p.s. how do i wrap my head around the fact that I am now a straight boy instead of a lesbian?
    p.p.s. any good book recs about trans kids? I've read a few but I want more.

2. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    idk how the medication did that but i do know a good way to come out, first you could just write them a letter explaining everything, or second you could sit them down with your device of internet access open and ready with some videos, blogs, books on trans males and just explain to them and then give them time to wrap their minds on how their little girl is actualy a boy

3. Acm

Acm Guest

You could write your parents a letter, that way you can get down all of your feelings, and they can read it and have time to process it