1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

body art

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by phony, Sep 26, 2014.

1. phony

Have you ever noticed that LGBT people often have piercing/tattoos ? Like way more than straight people.
    It's funny... do you agree? why do you think it happens?
    I think it is because we who are not out of the closet like to express ourselves in different ways.. any thoughts?

2. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    I plan on getting some peircings and tattos that represent who i am, but idk on why other ppl do this

3. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thinking about it myself. I know a bunch of straights that are tatted and pierced. Maybe it's a way to own ourselves?

4. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah i think tattoos and peircings would refine who i am.

5. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

read this as booty art somehow

disappoint

6. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

lol@ axolotl

I'm planning on getting my ears pierced soon, I've always wanted to. Last night, I decided I want to get a tattoo. What I want, is a MLP Cutie Mark on my hip, but what I can't decide is:

Do I get Fluttershy (the pony from my Sig), because I relate to her so well?

or

Rainbow Dash, because she's awesome, brave, and protective. I sleep with a stuffed Dashie doll, and if I had her Cutie Mark, she'd always be with me.

7. SockPuppet

I honestly haven't noticed that myself (LGBT people having them more than non), but then most of my friends are really into tattoos and piercings and other body mods...in fact, I'm friends with a couple of people who are professional tattoo artists or piercers.

I'm fairly tattooed (half sleeve on my right arm that moves onto my chest, calf tattoo, etc), and have others planned, some of which involve my journey as a trans woman. But others have nothing to do with it at all.

All in all, I just think it depends on what crowds you socialize with. These days just about everyone and their grandmother likely has at least a small tattoo, but I don't think being more heavily tattooed is the domain of one group or the other.

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never noticed that, so I don't think much of it.

I don't have much in the mod department, but I have an extensive list of all the piercings, tattoos and other mods that I want; from big pieces of artwork on my arms, back and chest to "extreme" mods to more piercings like my septum and snakebites (which I've wanted since I was 15).

9. stormborn

i never really noticed the piercings or tattoos. what i've noticed is that lots of queer people have bright hair. i feel out of place with my brown hair at queer events, sometimes :lol: