1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swimming?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Sep 27, 2014.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My depression has been getting really on top of me lately so I've been trying to get back into some old hobbies. One of them is swimming. About four years ago I was in a really bad place, and that was one of the things that really helped me cope, so I think it would really help with that. But it's just so hard to when dysphoria gets in the way and swimming costumes and uuuggghhhh. I really really want to do this but honestly I just feel torn. If you guys have any advise or tips or anything then thanks(*hug*)
    I have d cups and I've gotten hold of two sports bras a couple of sizes two small and I also have this sports vest kind of thing with an in-built sports bra. I don't know, maybe I could do something with them? Thanks guys!

2. Yosia

I wont go swimming unless i am allowed to wear a top, thats due to both gender issues and hating the way i look.

3. Najlen

I understand, I also swim and when I am having a more male day my suit is awkward. You could perhaps purchase guy's competitive swim trunks (I've seen some that are long but skintight if that's the kind of thing you are looking for) and a swim shirt. You could wear a compression bra under the swim shirt. If it helps with stress relief, you should keep doing it. If you can, try to immerse yourself in the action of swimming and forget what you are wearing. Hope this helps.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't go swimming much of the summer since I'm self conscious, but I don't go in the water without my swim binder now.