1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I May be Trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AsheTheHuman, Sep 28, 2014.

1. AsheTheHuman

For a couple months now, I've considered myself androgynous. I felt that an androgynous body would make me feel better. But now I'm not so sure. Part of me has always wished I could be a girl, and that part's been growing bigger and bigger. I wish I could wear a dress. I wish I could wear makeup. I wish I had different parts "down there". I wish I had boobs. I hate my body and face hair. I hate it my deep voice. I hate it when people call me he. i hate it when I'm lumped in with 'the guys'. I hate being called he. I don't know why it's taken me so long to realize this, but when I envision a perfect me, I don't envision myself as androgynous. I envision myself as a girl. And I never haven envisioned the perfect me as androgynous. Since I first started trying to change my voice, I've been trying for a girl voice. Maybe I just woke up funny today and my girl part of my brain will pipe down tomorrow. I originally told the people I came out to that if they called me Ashley I'd pound their faces in, but now I kind of wish they would.

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

You sound trans to me

3. Acm

Acm Guest

That sounds trans to me. Of course don't take my word for it, it's up to you, but I think you sound trans. I also started out identifying as androgynous before realizing I was actually binary trans

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi Ashe. That's so wild, I feel so similar to that today.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you may be trans to me. When I came out, I first came out as being pangender. This allowed me to explore my identity more. As time went on, I realized that I was always on the masculine end of things. So, I came out as a trans male.

What I'm saying by this is that sometimes this is a part of the process. It could be that you are having a more feminine day, or you could be becoming more comfortable with the female part of you, so that is coming out more. For now, just do what makes you feel comfortable, and that will help you find out for yourself if you are transgender or if you are androgynous.

6. MycroftTARDIS

Yeah, you sound pretty trans to me. :slight_smile:
    Love the avatar, by the way. Edward Elric is the most amazing short human ever. :grin:

7. AsheTheHuman

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I think I'm going to keep doing what I already am- working on my voice, growing out my hair, etc. And then if I want to keep going after I start looking androgynous with hormones or the like, I will. I think it's probably important that I take things slow for right now.

8. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good ideas. And I started identifying as genderfluid before I thought about being trans, so you're not alone there. Good luck!

9. AsheTheHuman

Thanks. It's relieving me a lot to hear that other trans people went through non-binary or gender fluid stages. I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow, but I am thinking I am leaning more towards being trans than androgynous now.