1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorful and patterned men's shirts?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlantSoul, Sep 28, 2014.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but does anyone know where I could could find men's long-sleeved buttoned down shirts that are colorful or have nice , exciting patterns? All of the shirts I have found are boring. The patterns are mostly plaid and nothing else. The colors tend to be muted and conservative. As a result, I've been buying a lot of blouses from Uniqlo's ladies' section. I don't mind wearing ladies blouses because, they fit me right and you couldn't tell that they were for females. But, still…

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Thrift stores/secondhand shops are the best for all fashion needs.

There's a particular one where I live that has an abundance of really colorful/patterned men's shirts

3. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. That would be really good since I'm on a budget.

4. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    Gabes has a good mens section, you could also go to jc pennys or burlington or kohles

5. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Amazon has some, you'd have to just scroll thru, but you could see some of the options, anyway.

6. wanderinggirl

Floral menswear is in right now; do a google search and you might get lucky! I also love polka dots and I've found some menswear with polkadots.

7. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could try David Bowie's closet.

[​IMG]

:grin:

In all seriousness...look around online. A lot of Korean designers don't shy away from details that are considered "feminine" by US standards, including bright colors and patterns that aren't plaid. I've found most of them through Amazon and Ebay - checking the boxes for the smallest size helps bring them up in your search quicker, because Asian sizing runs smaller than US sizing. If you're specifically interested in patterned shirts, thrift stores can have good finds if you're patient. Especially this time of year, a lot of them save up their more unusual donations for October. If you're patient and you have the time for it, learn to sew. It's an immeasurably useful skill, and one guaranteed way to get shirts with the colors and patterns you want! And if you don't have the time or the proficiency to make entire shirts, it'll open up a realm of possibilities for thrift store finds - too sizes too big? No problem. Obvious women's cut? No problem.

8. stormborn

it's very in style recently -- i found some at urban outfitters, topshop, forever 21, and h&m recently. i love patterned button downs :grin: