1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What heck is going on with my gender?! (What am I?!)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlantSoul, Sep 29, 2014.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I find myself questioning my gender yet again. I was quite certain for awhile that I was a transgendered male, but now I am no longer sure.

I started to question my gender again earlier this month. However, it was only yesterday that I realized that I might not actually be trans.

I thought that I was an androgynous male, mainly because I realized that being masculine isn't me. I kept having to ask myself if I could truly be happy with having a penis and being on testosterone. I realized that I wouldn't be happy with either. Having a penis would make me miserable. Taking high testosterone and having my appearance be masculine and my voice deep, wouldn't make me happy either.

I've been doing a lot of soul searching and I don't feel male. I definitely know that I am not a female. I feel androgynous. Like I am existing right between female and male. If I could get my female genitalia removed and be rendered genderless, I don't think that I would particularly mind. In fact, it would make more sense, since I am not getting any use out of what I have.

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi. I know it's confusing. I'm learning so many things about myself now. :slight_smile: It sounds though, like you are in a good place, and that you know what you really are. I'd say, trust your feelings *and* give yourself time. Does that make sense? Like - be good to yourself, support yourself like you would support your best friend that had similar questions.

All the best. :slight_smile:

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. Acm

Acm Guest

Maybe you're an androgyne or agender?

5. Mejj

I´m kind of the same, actually.
    I used to say that I am a woman.
    I also used to say that I am a transman.
    Now I feel like not saying anything at all.

Maybe it helps if you don´t think of "what kind of male/female things do I want to have?" but "what would fit me as a person?" Maybe you like your breasts, but think that a deep vioce would fit you. What I want to say is, when you can´t see yourself in the binary gender system, just make your body fit your soul. Name your own gender, if you like! :wink:
    I used to say I´m pangendered, for instance. I don´t think that that exists, but it felt right for me.

If you feel like you don´t fit in anywhere, just make some room for you yourself :wink:

6. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think Androgyne may be it. Thank you. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 29th Sep 2014 at 08:15 PM ----------

Thanks. I have come to realize that stressing about these things gets me nowhere. From now on, I'm going to go with what feels right. (!)

---------- Post added 29th Sep 2014 at 08:17 PM ----------

I will. Thanks.