1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with my body :/

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mejj, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Mejj

So I have searched my soul and mind for a long time, and I found out that I may not have any kind of gender at all.
    Sometimes I feel female, sometimes male, sometimes inbetween and mostly i don´t really care, like I´m outside of all that, and it doesn´t concern me. I also don´t know if I really feel "gendered" sometimes (I don´t know how else to say it) or if it´s just some kind of mood, or playing around with what everyone sees as their "bigendered reality".
    I´m out of the closet as a transman, because I don´t like the feeling of being chained down by my biological body and I hate how everybody called me "she" without even considering asking in the past.

So lately, I´ve been wondering if I should make myself some kind of "presentative of the genderqueer", just because it kind of fits me and because I want everyone to expirience gender as openminded as I always (try to) do. Also, out of solidarity for all whatever*gendered people out there who had/are having/will have a hard time finding a place in this binary society.
    To do that, I considered taking hormones to get a deep voice, maybe a beard, and keep my breasts, or something along this androgyn lines. The thing is, most of the time I don´t feel like there´s anything wrong with my body - I only have a problem with the gender attached to it. Sometimes I feel like a deep voice would fit me better, but sometimes I also love my high singing voice. I also know that I may have to kiss some of my considered future jobs goodbye, because... well... if you´re not getting accepted for having a beard or a piercing or not being dressed right, how should I ever get accepted when I´m not choosing "one of the gender-considered genders" the way society is right now?
    But sometimes I can´t picture a future other than me having an androgyne body - and I can´t picture myself as a ciswoman acting like one, because this is totally against what I want to stand for - and then I feel like it´s the only right thing to do...

Your opinions&thoughts on that, please! I´d be grateful for that! :help:

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hey. :slight_smile:

Do you think you answered your own question there? :slight_smile: To me, the *right* thing to do is what makes you happy without hurting yourself or anyone else. I admire your goal of representing for androgynes and non-binary folks. This could be done as much by attitudes and interactions as any kind of modifications.