1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underwear

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by scarstar14, Sep 29, 2014.

1. scarstar14

Ok so i guess this could be a survey thing of what you all do, I'm still torn as hell as to what gender underwear to wear.

I'm still super questioning my gender identity as of right now (and i should probably update that on my profile here) I'm thinking i just like the androgynous identity since i'm ok with my body but want to be more masculine appearing (aka just not female looking).

I already wear all guy clothes still working on loosing weight to pull off the chest area better. But while buying a new pair of jeans today i thought about buying mens underwear since i still wear girls underwear... but then i got very nervous and skiddish in the aisle and gave up trying.

So i was wondering what underwear do you wear? You're anatomical gender's underwear or the gender you identify as's underwear? And specifically for people anatomically female wearing mens underwear i have some more questions for you: What type do you wear? All the underwears have a "pocket" i wouldnt exactly have use in, does that make a difference once you wear them? And as for boxers (which i was looking at) they dont really "contain" the girly bits so do any of you actually wear boxers and how does that work out?

Any other comments or suggestions are welcome as well!

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

when my payday comes, I'm going to get something frilly and pink to celebrate my accepting myself. xD

3. AsheTheHuman

I'm a boy (physically) and I've always worn boxers. I'd love to get some panties, but there's no way I'd be able to get them past my mom short of doing midnight washing loads, and I don't think she's quite ready for me to go that far yet.

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Couldn't you wash them in Woolite, in the sink? Oh - how would you dry them, Huh?

5. KayJay

The pocket isn't useful even if you have the genitals it was designed for, I am pretty sure everyone just pulls the underwear down lol.

I myself wear panties, I have to buy a size bigger just so there is some space if I am not tucking. I don't do that often though but when I do the proper size works for me.

Yay underwear!

6. scarstar14

I've been doing my own laundry since starting college thankfully. Though sometimes i forget to swap to the dryer and my mum swaps for me. But she knows i wear men's pants now thinking because they're "comfy" but doesnt know anything about me not wanting to be female. But knowing her she'd notice but say nothing lol, she accepts my sexuality but never mentions it. I'm worried about boxers wedging themselves into things and causing trouble but don't even know if that's how it works haha i feel so underwear ignorant!

7. tone

I wear men's underwear often, but still own girl's since I'm not out and I sometimes wear skinny jeans or other girl pants. I wear trunks, which are like boxer-briefs but shorter. Boxers are comfy but they make me feel like I'm not wearing underwear, so I usually just wear them as pajamas.
    My mom does my laundry when I'm at school and she has never said anything to me about having boy's underwear, but if you're concerned you could maybe wash them in the sink and hang them to dry in your shower? I sometimes wash my binder when my parents are gone and then hang it from my shower rod to dry.
    Hope this helps

8. scarstar14

From my google search (minus the wildly inapropriate ones... what the hell safe search!?) I think trunks are what i was imagining since the whole feeling of not wearing underwear would bug me but i certainly dont want tighty whities lol they're too boring and unfun. Are trunks pretty good with having not a huge space for a bulge? I mean i got nothing to fill it and have no interest in packing but dont want a floppy material chilling out ya know? Thats expremely helpful though! Ill look into trunks... maybe on amazon so i dont have to freak out about the underwear aisle like i did today... i almost fell over while quickly leaving since someone walked in the aise... im still skiddish going into the mens department even for pants!!:icon_redf

9. Acm

Acm Guest

I wear women's underwear at the moment because I have no way of clothes shopping on my own but I would prefer to wear male underwear

10. scarstar14

This is my first time posting an image here so i'm hoping the link to the image that dropbox gave me works, I just ordered my first male underwears!! :slight_smile: I was to the point of finding a guy friend in our schools pride alliance and getting him to either get me some or come with me (since i found out the other day at a meeting its quite a common thing to do). maybe one day i'll be confident enough to not be scared of that underwear aisle... until then thank goodness for online shopping!

Attached Files:

#10 scarstar14, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  11. Holly82

I've always felt uncomfortable wearing guy clothes, but I got accustomed to feeling awkward I guess. When I bought my first pair of panties and wore them out for the day, I was so amazed at how comfortable it felt; like I had angel hands gently hold my rear on a cloud carrying me around all day. Then I went back to wearing boxers and felt so out of place. Definitely more self-conscious when wearing men's undies. But I have to be careful when wearing panties as I tend to relax and waddle a bit :> One day, but not yet

12. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

those are all cool! :slight_smile:

13. scarstar14

I greatly enjoy your description of the first day with panties :icon_bigg and i certainly hope my first day in mens underwear will be similar. the hardest part here is that i have no freaking clue of my gender identity, i just feel like i'd be more comfortable in men underwear.
    I get self conscious wearing male clothes since i'm not out to anyone (since i have no idea myself) but i feel uncomfortable in female clothes.

---------- Post added 29th Sep 2014 at 09:56 PM ----------

I tried to pick out a variety of brands and slightly differing styles to get a feel for what i like best and what i may not like rather than just getting a bunch of one and ending up hating it. And i even found pretty fun looking ones even though i'll be the only one seeing them :icon_redf

14. wanderinggirl

I love fun-patterned boxer-briefs. Florals, anchors, geometric patterns... look around you're bound to find something exciting! As for the extra fabric, I just tuck it under the waistband usually and it's nbd.

15. cumberbatched

Well I know I am cis female so this may not feel relevant to you, but I wear girls underwear that are boy shorts. They are kinda like boxer briefs but super comfortable and they don't have any extra pockets. Plus they come in more gender neutral colors like black, grey, and blue if that is something you'd be worried about. The only problem I find with them is when it's "that time of the month" they don't really hold things in place that well so I have to switch back to bikini style underwear for a while, although you could just wear the bikinis under the boy shorts. Hope this helps and good luck! :slight_smile:

16. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Still wearing Boxers myself... I am too scared to buy panties right now... It's hard for me to work up the courage to even go buy my razors >.<

17. DamiansKat

DamiansKat Guest

Aw, if I knew you I would help ya out :grin:. I did for a friend of mine.

18. scarstar14

I have always loved fun underwear so of course i had to get non-boring man underwear!! I tried to get ones that are more stretchy so hopefully less extra material... but thanks for that advice since it greatly helps to know!!! (*hug*)

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2014 at 09:35 AM ----------

Yeah we had a social in pride here and it was somehow brought up and a girl was like "yeah i've bought panties for a 'guy' friend before" then a guy was like "yup i've bought them for a 'girl' friend before" so I was at the point to ask one of the guys there to help me out or go with me or something... i seemingly forgot the internet lol, but i know i personally would help a guy/girl out with panties :slight_smile:

19. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I pretty much always wear ladies panties, except on deployment, when I wear XL boys boxerbriefs (if you look carefully, you can find some that the "pocket" doesn't open, and is simply a double layer of fabric. I think the ones like this that I have are Hanes. Both Hanes and Fruit of the Loom are good about putting an illistration of the design on the back of the package. Look for straight lines on that illustration, a curved line will generally indicate it bulges out and opens.) When I still lived at home and started wearing these, I made sure to have a supply sufficient to do a small load of laundry, and hid them so my mom didn't see them. I then washed them when my mom wasn't around.

20. scarstar14

So my pride alliance meeting was today, and I usually stay a little late see if anyone wants to talk to me and lets me observe others, and i overheard a boxer conversation... one included being one of the people i'm friends with, haha i think its funny that first off normally no one thinks so much of underwear second that after posting this underwear becomes a topic in life too, and how in Pride its not weird to pull your pants slightly down to show off underwear hahaha I like how open these people are about everything! Grrrr i want my darn boxers NOW not tomorrow!