1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soo... about srs... hmmm

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Awesome_trans_girl13, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    So i was wondering if you could just get srs and not hormone treatment? Is it even possible? Because i hate shots, patchet wouldnt work cuz i sweat a lot and i cant keep pills down.

2. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hormone treatment is part of the SRS process.

3. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh ok but do they have like anything that dosnt have to do with needles patches or pills.

4. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just work on your fem side for now wait and see what technologies develop

5. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    :tears:I try but nothing works, i made a gaff and it didnt work, i made a breast form and it didnt work. I just want to be a girl already!!!:tantrum::tears:

6. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

(*hug*) Try to be patient, Sweetie. I know it's not easy. You'll get there. :slight_smile:

7. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    *cries* ive been paitent for three years now. I want to at least dress and put on makeup like a girl. *curls up and sobbs*

8. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm uncertain on what it is for the ladies, but for trans guys, you don't have to be on hormones before you get SRS - which stands for sex-reassignment surgery, and I imagine it includes both top and bottom surgery - or just one.

I don't believe this requires hormones - at least, top surgery doesn't. In fact, I've read that, sometimes, you need to stop using hormones for a little while prior to the operation.

Also, some cis women get top surgery for other reasons as well.

What Leader233 was referring to, I believe, is (physical) transitioning, which does, in fact, include hormones (HRT).

So HRT =/= SRS.

EDIT: With testosterone, I know you can get gels or patches or pills or whatever, but they are generally more expensive than just shots. I imagine estrogen is similar.

9. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you can't keep pills down, sweat so much that patches fall off and don't want injections; you could still get it in gel form. One brand name is called Estrogel.

Pills are the cheapest alternative when it comes to HRT for women. Because testosterone pills are harder on the liver than estradiol, injections are usually given to men instead of pills. Both can be administered transdermally using patches or gels or injected as shots, though.

10. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah i guess, i just dont like medication in general.

11. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do too, but when said medication gives me soft skin, boobs and a general feminine appearance in addition to stopping masculine traits I can't hate on it. :lol:

Edit:

I realize I didn't answer your first question at all. It can be done, but getting people to sign the papers you need for SRS isn't going to be easy if you say you don't want HRT.

#11 HappyGirlLucky, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  12. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    I hate life now. Why couldnt i just be born a girl!!! I mean its like god hates me!!! Grrr!!!!:***::***::tantrum::dry::bang::frowning2:

13. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HRT is important for other reasons that just the affects on appearance. It helps you remain physically healthy. If you had SRS and were not on some sort of HRT you would have the same sort of problems any women has when going through menopause. Bone density loss etc. It's very VERY important to maintaining your health.

14. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh shoot! I totally didn't think about the fact that SRS is going to cause her testosterone to disappear. :bang: This is absolutely correct, you need either T or E or you'll be in bad health real soon.

You were born a girl, just a special edition girl! It's kind of rough, but you'll get through this, I promise. Things will get better!

15. Holly82

I think states have different standards for srs. Here in Texas, you need three months with a gender therapist who can then (after three months) write you a recommendation letter to get estrogen and testosterone blockers. You'll have to be on these for at least a year before you can be recommended for srs. Then you'll need two letters from therapist recommending srs. Before you get srs, the surgeon may tell you to have electrolysis on your genital area so that after surgery you won't grow hairs inside your new vagina.

SRS is the last step in transitioning and is a major major undertaking. When you have the surgery, you'll spend about 10 to 12 days after in the hospital. Most of those days are spent peeing into a hose running to a bag, and taking lots of pain meds because you'll be seriously swollen. All of this is if there are no complications. Some surgeons don't require a follow up visit to shape the labia but some do. After you leave the hospital and for the next 3 months you'll have to dilate your new vagina 4 times a day for about 15 to 30 minutes each session. This tappers off, but for those first few months it kinda takes over your life.

This is an expensive, painful, and potentially dangerous thing to go through. Knowing all of that, I'm with you, sister, 100% all the way!! It is what I'm working towards.

Being born a woman in a man's body is like some odd form of Chinese water torture while being suffocated in a suit. It's day in and day out of drowning without dying. Make no mistake, though, you are a woman in there! Whether it's fair or not doesn't matter. All you need to do is focus on small steps everyday to climb out. SRS is the icing on the cake, but you gotta make your cake first.

Think of all the humans that have ever lived that were born with the wrong body. It is only in the last 50 years out of 6000 or so in recorded history, that humans have developed a technique to change one's gender. You're lucky to live in a time when this is even possible.

SRS is one thing, do all of those other things you can do first. :slight_smile:

16. Ashley2103

Do you have to inject yourself with the hormones or does a doctor do it?

17. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

You can have a doctor do it, or you can self inject. Your choice

18. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay so i was taking in all the tips you guys had about just changing my looks so what i did was. I learned how to do a gaff tuck and it worked perfectly!!! Then i did a little diy breast forms by taking stuffing out of a pillow and putting into a sock and shaping into a boob shape. Then i put on two bras, used the breast forms and created cleavage, it worked fabulously!!! Finaly i did a diy pair of ripped jean shorts, they look so great especialy with my freshly shaved legs. I just wanted to personaly thank all of you for your support and love twords me. You dont know how much it means to me that you guys and girls would help me so much. :slight_smile:

19. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Yay! Good work, Honey! (*hug*) I'm super proud of you, you're working so hard! :slight_smile:

20. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you *sniffles* i just told myself that i need to stop feeling sorry for myself and work twords the person i want to be. But before that about a month ago i got really bad dystorphya about how big i am, at that point i weighed 317 pounds and i am 5"11 at 13 years old. I know i am huge. Right then i started to realize, if i am going to be the girl of my dreams im going to have to work hard. And here i am one month later weighing 294 pounds, an astonishing 23 pounds less. :grin: