1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure if I'm transsexual or not. (FTM)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jaydenspride, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Jaydenspride

Jaydenspride Guest

Well, my name is Jayden. I'm 13, and I don't think I was born with the right parts. Everyday, I have this nagging feeling that who I am, isn't who I am now. I'm scared, I'm lost, and I'm confused. I have had this feeling for 2-4 years. 2 years I've known about transsexuals 4 years i felt like who I am isn't who I actually am. I Have always liked hanging out with guys more, I like cars and trucks, not dolls and makeup. But, of course I drown my self in it so I don't have to admit it. And don't get me started on the thought of being someone's girlfriend, it sounds disgusting. I can't stand it. My mom says I should give my self time to be confused, because apparently 4 years isn't enough. What do you think? Because this is what I feel.

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I think you definitely sound like an FTM

3. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi there. You sound like the opposite of me, I was born a boy but have always liked the girly things. I think you should trust yourself. :slight_smile: I think your feelings are true.

4. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YES I felt the same for so long, just couldn't quite work out what it was. if I understood right, you've told your mum how you feel? You could maybe ask her to try using male pronouns for you, or try out a male name? Experiment, see how it goes. Good luck!(*hug*)

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:
    Am I Transgender or Transsexual - Teens Wonder Am I Transgender or Transsexual

The tg spectrum goes i.e. from people living with almost androgynous appearance, to styling more like the preferred gender, to taking hormones, etc...
    Of course the list is not all possible options.
    It's up to you to collect further information...

You might for example talk to a gender therapist or someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want.

I would do things I'm comfortable with, don't feel pressured to do something... its your decision...

6. Xyaz

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You sound like a FTM to me, however, you should do whatever feels right, if you feel like a FTM, then you most likely are one.

7. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be whomever you feel you are and worry not what others say you should be.