1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting Testosterone?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by uppercasejace, Oct 5, 2014.

1. uppercasejace

Well, I'm 15 years old, female to male transgender. I have a question about testosterone. I would love to start T, but I am a bit young. I'm wondering, would I be able to go on T at this age? If not, when could I? A lot of people say t could damage my body at this age, or under 18. But what would it do? What negative effects could it have? Also I know that a "gender therapist" is how you get put on t, but whats the difference between a gender therapist and a regular therapist? I see a therapist weekly for my depression and anxiety and whatnot, and they know that im trans. also I see a psychologist every 3 months and they know as well... so would they be able to put me on t? Thanks in advance! :icon_bigg

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi, I really don't know. Hoping by bumping this that someone more knowledgeable will help. :slight_smile:

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It really depends on where you are. The best that you might be able to do right now is to get on hormone blockers until you are of age to start T. A gender therapist is a person that specializes in gender related issues. A lot of therapists are out of their element with transgender people.