1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like my safe place is gone

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Starfleet, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Ever since that thread was removed the other night, I've felt scarred. When someone fetishizes my condition, and then when called on it claims to be the victim, it really hurts.

I'll never, ever be able to afford re-assignment surgery. I'm afraid I'm not physically healthy enough for hormones. But I had hoped that if I scrimp and save, I could at least have breasts.To me, just speaking for me, having breasts would be girl enough. But that thread made me feel like I'd only be turning myself into a toy.

I already know someone else that was afraid to post in "Coming out Stories" because she doesn't want to be called a freak. She'll never be a freak to me. i do have sweet, kind, loving friends that have offered support, and I love them for it, but the hurt comes back when I'm alone, when I see my face in the mirror. How do I get my safe place back? How do I stop feeling like I've been attacked? What do I do now? How do I make the hurt go away?

2. NatWheeled

Afraid I'm a bit lost on what happened sweety. There are some pretty strange fetishes out there,. Some fetishes even include amputees and those in wheelchairs, so I can relate to not wanting to feel like a toy, though I myself haven't been personally fetishized. Hugs to you

3. Summer Rose

Unfortunately, people are dumbasses; don't let someone's non-existent IQ and complete lack of human decency/empathy make you feel depressed. I'm still rooting for you, as is everyone else here :thumbsup:

Well first off, breast augmentation and such are natural processes. I'm sure the thread you're referring to, but it's probably a good thing I hadn't... There's also been a story of a man turning himself into a human doll; I don't think anyone worth listening to would ever think of you being like that.

Honestly, the best way to help relieve yourself can be to toss away negativity; don't fret over stupid people saying stupid shit. I laugh whenever people seem to think that me being trans relates to being gay, it's just hilarious to me how wrong and ignorant that is. As for your friend, I hope she can recover, and maybe summon the courage to post, because NOBODY should be calling her a freak, as EC (and especially the mods) won't be tolerant of that behavior.

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thank you both. :slight_smile:

It hurt me in a way I wasn't prepared for. In Meatspace, I'm big. I get looks for wearing my MLP jewelry to the supermarket, but the "tough monkeys" know not to push it. Actually, I grew up in the 80s, I was military minded, I trained *myself* to fight the war I was sure was coming. When you've prepared to face GSFG's 3rd Shock Army, homophobes don't really rate. If they mess with me, they will learn they've fucked with the wrong chick.

But I had not prepared myself for the thing here. Not literally, but what he said amounted to "when I say I like to fuck chicks with dicks. I meant it as a compliment". That is what my heart heard. It really hurt. It was really hard not to scream and curse and threaten. But I stayed calm. is that why it hurts?

I mean, I've always been ugly. I know I won't be a pretty woman. But I was holding on to the idea that I might, at least, if only, have breasts one day. Now I want to vomit when I think of it.

How do I make that stop?

5. Otaku2014

dont ever let someone change how you feel about who you are, you the only one who knows that :slight_smile:
    ~josi~

6. CuddleBunny

I don't know exactly what happened Starfleet, and I really haven't been here long at all but I've seen quite a few of your posts since I've been on here and I feel like I can relate to a lot of stuff you've said or posted about. I can't say for certain that I know exactly how you're feeling right now but I bet I could probably relate.

I've really been struggling to hold myself together recently and sometimes it seems things have gotten worse than they ever were before, but I keep trying to tell myself that I can't let go of all hope. It's really hard and sometimes It's painful, and everyday it seems like I have to deal with so much crap and I'm not even out to hardly anybody yet, but I keep hoping that eventually it will all pay off and I will eventually find some sort of peace.

I too struggle with the fact that I would give anything to have a beautiful female body, but I know SRS probably won't ever be an option for me and I often feel extremely dysphoric when I look at my masculine features. It really truly sucks and I hate knowing that I will never have a body that matches who I am.

I'm really sorry things are rough right now and I know I don't really know you or anybody here too well, but I truly do hope things turn out better for you. From a fellow Pony lover. :slight_smile:

#6 CuddleBunny, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

As a cis lesbian here, I like both cis and trans women equally, since of course they're both real women in their hearts. I can understand how it would actually feel to have a gay man have a fetish for you just because of your parts, that would sting and make you feel invalidated and violated (which I know was what the thread was about). Please don't feel like you can't be good enough just because of how some people behave -hug-

8. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi you two. Thank you for listening. It's been a hard day.

CuddleBunny - it's nice to meet you! i always have time for a Ponyfan! :slight_smile:

Yeah, the dysphoria is really bad today. Thank you for being their and friending me. :slight_smile:

Fallingdown7 - thank you for this. I think a lot of folks don't realize here: when threads say "Gay Marriage"," Lesbians how do you like 'x'", things like that...it hurts. I don't fit in, even here. It feels like the 'L's and the 'G's forget that B's, Ts, and Q's even exist.

Thank you too, for recognizing my hurt. It hurts when I say I'm down, and people's "answers" are "hey, don't let it get you down".

9. AsheTheHuman

I feel the same way. Like "Am I allowed to post here? I'm a girl after all, but... I'm still a boy physically." I haven't posted in a lot of threads because of this. Another thing is, that even though sexuality and gender identity are two vastly different things, we're still always lumped together and because the L's, B's and G's are more numerous, people tend to look over the T's and Q's.

10. Blossom85

Aww sweetie, please don't feel that way.. You are very much safe here.. I am so sorry that one or two people have made you feel and a few others feel that way.. You are really so wonderful and just an amazing woman.. Both of you Ashe and Star are just amazing and please don't ever let anyone make you feel otherwise. When I see your posts, I don't even think guy.. I automatically think women for both of you, cause that who you both are.. I am glad they took action and took that thread down cause I didn't feel it was appropriate in the first instance.

I didn't have much of an understanding of what transgender people go through, but you two and others here have given me more of an understanding and I want to thank you both for just being so incredibly wonderful. You are very much loved and cared for here, and if either of you need anything, you always are welcome to come talk to me on my wall. I am here for you guys and always will be supportive of you two.

11. AsheTheHuman

Thank you. (*hug*) I don't think I'll ever be able to explain how much this means.(*hug*)

12. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thank you , Blossom. (*hug*) Like Ashley said, I don't have the words. :slight_smile:(*hug*)

13. Blossom85

You are both more then welcome, you know I have both of your backs(*hug*)

14. CuddleBunny

I didn't see the original thread either but if I understand it correctly than I think I get the general idea of how you must have felt. I've actually registered on a fair few other Trans or LGBT related sites in the past but I always felt like I didn't belong and hardly have went back on. but this is honestly the place I've ever felt comfortable in a long while. I tend to be quite internet shy and I don't often post a lot because it's sometimes hard for me to find the right words for what I want to say.

I know that the LGBT community includes Trans, But I've often felt completely out of place and very depressed whenever I've attended any type of LGBT related place or event because I don't feel like I belong at all. I have a friend who is Gay and I once reluctantly went to a Gay pride event with him and another friend of ours, and by the end of that day we also went to a Gay bar which ended with me having a complete dysphoric emotional breakdown and I begged for someone to take me home.

It seems like it's generally easier to be accepted as gay than it is to be Trans. I just want to be able to live life and be treated exactly as any other cis woman and I always feel miserable when I think about the fact that I have a male body because I feel like I will never be treated normal. I am deathly afraid of coming out because I feel like I be perceived as abnormal or less than human by the average public.

15. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

CuddleBunny, thank you for sharing this. :slight_smile: I know here, that I have many loving friends that did and do support me, but this incident up-ended my whole world. I can only imagine your feelings of being at that pride event.

We're so much alike my friend. :slight_smile: Yesterday, I hung out all day with a dear friend who is cis-Female. It was sheer joy being a girl all day, but I was utterly shocked when I took a bathroom break, to see that big man in the mirror. It was unreal, sickening. Luckily, my Darling friend was there to support through that as well. :slight_smile:

16. Blossom85

Just Remember Star about how you feel on the inside, how you wanna feel when you look in the mirror. The most important person you can be is the person you feel you are, I know it's often hard to look in the mirror and see yourself and not like what you see, but when you do.. Just remember who you are, you are beautiful and wonderful and a total sweetheart. I know it's a little different.. But I forget I have a disability till I happen to look in the mirror and see myself staring back at me and I then sometimes get down.. So I know how you feel there a little... But it's how you deal with those feelings. I am glad you had your friend over who helped you through it. We are all here for you too.

17. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thank you Blossom, (*hug*) you are such a good friend. I have so many good friends here, I'm trying to figure out why this hurt so much, that thread?

Why is it easier to remember the hurt instead of the wonderful people here?

18. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't see what happened, but I'm sorry it upset you. :frowning2: Remember that there are a ton of transphobes out there and they're bigoted and shallow. You've done nothing wrong, being yourself. You should not be fetishized for your body. We are here to support you and get through transphobe harrassment together! (*hug*)

19. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thank you Tai. It wasn't specifically aimed at me, but his attitude was "hey, chicks w/ more should feel complimented i fetishize them".

20. Blossom85

You are welcome Star, you are a wonderful friend too (*hug*)

I think it hurt so much because it felt like a personal attack on your very soul, on who you are. I know it's easy for people to say, don't let it get you down, but I understand how that felt like it was personal for you, I felt upset on your behalf on that thread.

I am not sure why It is easier to believe the bad things and remember the hurt, but just know that you are loved here, and that the negative words of one or two should not let you stop feeling safe here.