1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Natural Testosterone Diet effects?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PlantSoul, Oct 6, 2014.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Friday, I started adding foods in my diet that either boost testosterone or inhibit estrogen production. I did this for three main reasons. 1. To attempt to make my looks more androgynous, 2. To make my voice softer and 3. Because I am desperate to grow taller. However, there have been some effects that I wasn't quite expecting.

My voice- I was initially concerned about boosting my T because I was worried about it messing up with my singing voice. Well, I've noticed that it seems to have made it better. I can hit powerful shrill notes that I had previously lost the ability to do so, with little to no pain in my vocal cords (I'm not professionally trained). Before, if I tried singing even for a little bit with no high notes, my vocal cords would have been really hurt and painful for awhile. I seem to have more control over my voice.

My voice sounds a little deeper to me, but must not be too deep because no one has noticed.

My Face- I don't like the way it has made my face look. It seems to have pulled a lot of fullness from my face. I look thinner, lips are not as full, and my mouth looks depressed. Again, this change is subtle. No one has yet to mention it.

My shoulders and right knee- My knee keeps making a weird noise in the morning and my shoulders keep feeling strange. (If it is calcium related, I'm going to start taking taking a calcium complex supplement.)

Height- I seem to be growing.

Hair- I was expecting an excess seeing as I was already hairy, but I haven't seen it. My hair actually looks healthier and straighter in some places. Any bald spots I had, quickly got filled back in.

Energy- I really wasn't expecting this. I can do things now that require little to no effort with ease and abundance of breath, whereas before, I would've strained myself and had been tired.

In general, I feel fantastic. I don't think I have ever felt this great before. I am much more focused and committed to things. My memory is a lot better. My head is clear. I have much better self-esteem and sense of self. I actually feel like going on an adventure. (!)

Are these normal effects?

#1 PlantSoul, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  2. anonym

anonym Guest

wait - what is your biological gender and are you taking testosterone presribed by a doctor?

3. Kimika

The Energy and Hair are normal effects probably if your diet before hand wasn't the best. Our diet has a way of effecting almost every aspect of out body, even our mental state can be affected by our diet as well.

The shoulder and knee could be the result of lower estrogen. Some cis males that had low estrogen had problems with joints that weren't lubricated well because they had little to no estrogen in their body. I'd probably suggest a fish oil supplement or something along those lines. It's not a calcium issue, it's a joint lubrication issue.

4. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Biologically female. F--- no! Sorry, but I don't agree with western medicine and seeing doctors. I prefer the natural route, so I am eating a diet that increases testosterone production and decreases estrogen production. (I do eat one food that increases estrogen production, so that the effects of the testosterone aren't so extreme.)

---------- Post added 7th Oct 2014 at 09:18 PM ----------

Oh, I see. Thank you. To be honest, I've always had an issue with my bones and my muscles. I have been taking the calcium complex and there haven't been bone issues since. I might be allergic to fish, but I'm not sure.

5. Kimika

I actually think natural ways of manipulating estrogen and test levels is the best way to go for non-binary gender identifying people like us. Also taking prescription hormones can cause liver toxicity as well.

As far as fish allergies go, you can do some research as well, but from the poking around I've done, it's not just fish in general that cause allergic reactions, it's the proteins in fish that cause it, not usually the foil associated with them. I would be wary of it though because they may still have some of the proteins in them but it's best just to shop around for one that you feel comfortable with. Just remember, just because something says in the Nutritional Facts that it has 0g of something, doesn't mean that it doesn't have any at all.

6. anonym

anonym Guest

Could you share with us what this natural diet is? :grin:

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

"Natural transitioning" doesn't work. Eating food will not give you a deeper voice.

I suppose you might get some effect (perhaps making the face slightly more androgynous). But that is only if you stay away from foods high in estrogen

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like the idea of natural transition because it doesn't do too much work in the change department, it's really expensive and it can be harmful to your liver. I don't think it's worth it.

9. Kimika

Either method can possibly do damage to your liver. For me personally, natural transition is the method I want to go with, changes aren't too drastic or so pronounced right away and I don't want to go all the way to the other side of the gender spectrum.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Medical transition is less likely to damage your liver, because you have a doctor monitoring your levels and making sure that you do not have any negative side effects. Anything that you do to mess with your hormones without the advice of a doctor is dangerous, and could have bad effects.

Also, there is a low dose option, where changes happen slower. T is not a "one dose fits all" thing.

11. anonym

anonym Guest

I was only asking after the diet as a kind of placebo effect. I always feel terrible around certain times of the month, not just because of the hormones but because I know when things are happening to my body that shouldn't be. I thought if there were natural testosterone boosters and they were not harmful then it would make me feel better mentally to know I was taking them. But now you mention it's harmful I should probably just wait until I'm ready to go down that route.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've considered naturally transitioning years ago, but it gets very expensive which is why I stopped after getting vitamins supplements and almost bought some bottles of DHEA.

13. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I see, thanks. Seeing that type of doctor would be out of the question for me. My family is so nosy. Doing it through my diet was the only subtle method I could think off. Besides, I don't want any doctor to tell me what I am and am not. I have gotten taller it seems, it must have been quite a bit because clothing that fit a couple of weeks back, no does.

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2014 at 04:19 AM ----------

For me, it hasn't been too expensive. Most of the foods in question were foods that I was already consuming. It's been changing things. My face, I guess you could say, looks more boyish. It's definitely not what I would call feminine. Clothing doesn't fit length-wise. Appetite has increased and so has my metabolism, which was already fast. It hasn't been a drastic change, except for the height increase, which has caused my family to be a little weirded out. Otherwise, the change hasn't been huge enough to make them voice concern, which is fine by me.

The only issue I have had, is that my period came quicker than it usually seems to and it was heavy, but it seems to be not as bad now. Now that I think about it, I may have already had a hormonal imbalance.

Harmful to the liver in what way?

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2014 at 04:24 AM ----------

It's been working. I didn't want a full blown change, so what it has been doing so far has been pretty good. It's only now that it seems to be making a difference with my height. The deeper and softer voice stays, I'd say for about two days, before it starts reverting back to being higher.

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say harmful to your liver because if you don't know what you're doing or seeing your doctor to make sure your levels are in check; you can have a bad time since T can do a number on your liver since it has to go through there.

15. Bladerunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi all,

this is my first post and just to say that natural transitioning can work for those who dony want to do it the rough way, or just want to give it a test run and see how your body reacts. I ve been taking Tribulus for a while now and all I can see are positive effects, I am stronger, more athletic and also calmer mentally. Eat a healthy diet and you re definitely on the safe side, even without medical supervision.