1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety Over My Fluidity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kandikitteh, Oct 8, 2014.

1. kandikitteh

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've recently (less than two months ago) began identifying as Gender Fluid. It's stressful at times when I feel like a male but look like a female. People don't take me seriously when I tell them I'm Gender Fluid. I was raised as a female and when I try to look like a male, people think it's funny. I already have shortened hair and small breasts. I can't afford a binder, so I use a sports bra. My biggest issue is styling my hair in a more "masculine" way and feeling uncomfortable without makeup.

I get very stressed about things like this, and when I feel like a male but I'm in female attire. Has anyone ever felt this way?

2. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dress and be what makes you feel comfortable and true friends and good people will accept you any way you present yourself.

3. I'm on the opposite side of the same coin. Quite often I find myself feeling like a female but am forced to be male at the time. I don't have most of the right stuff I need to pull off being a good feminine look, so that leaves me the choice of dealing with being male or just breaking some social norms and wearing girl clothes to school as a guy (and I'm seriously considering doing it if I can get enough courage).

Anyways, anxiety over what gender you want to be is very normal, and sometimes you just need to deal with it until it can be taken care of. I suppose this isn't the best advice but it's what I go through. I hope it helps :slight_smile: you're not alone.

4. Alice In Blue

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You're definitely not alone.
    I end up feeling more like a guy some days when I dress the girliest, and more like a girl when I look more like a guy. I've been learning that I know myself better than anyone and ultimately. . . I'm the person I have to live with for the rest of my life. I think learning to love and accept yourself is huge. For me, it is a day to day practice I'm trying to make a habit. I hope you'll be able to grow in confidence too and that it might help you mute out and/or forgive the people who are stressing you out.