1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to mom. she doesnt believe me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jeepchick506, Oct 8, 2014.

1. jeepchick506

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I grew up in Connecticut. I'm pretty manly according to just about everybody. If you were to get to know me, you may consider me a redneck in the way I handle things. Like, I can improvise etc.... I love my country and my flag. I love my car. All these factors lead my parents to saying that its just a phase. My mom specifically. She always refers to me in future tense as a man. Not as a person but as a man. She wants me to enlist and t\a couple weeks ago I was all for it. Now I officially know who I am and it will break my mom's heart. She always looks forward to my future. sure I'm capable of a lot, but none of it would be worth it to me if I do it as someone I'm not. My stepdad is leaning to my moms side. My Dad however, is 100% SUPPORTIVE!!! My mom though, I just need to get by her. My brother as well actually. I do not seem feminine in any way, but I know that I should be a woman. I like the feel of girls clothes. It just feels right. Every day its hard to get up knowing I'm still a guy added to the fact that my Mom ain't supportive. I don't know what else to say. If I need to give more info to be clear please tell me. If you can give an answer, please do. Just, what do I do?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Remind her that there are lots of masculine women, and that you just happen to be one of those. Maybe find a few examples? Also, maybe as time goes on she will see it isn't a phase

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Show her you're for real. SHOW. Not tell.

4. jeepchick506

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I really do love my jeep. I actually wanna be an off road racer, but that's an obstical for the future. This is now. I am manly plus I see myself as a woman

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It could be that you mom is still in denial as well. I'm sure that it took you some time to get used to the idea of being trans, so it will probably take her some time as well. Hopefully, as time goes on, she will come around.

I also agree with others that you could show her some examples of more masculine women. A lot of people fall into the trap that transwomen are all very feminine, which is not always the case. The more masculine transwomen don't get as much coverage in the media, so they fall through the cracks more. (That being said, I think that transgender issues overall could use more coverage in the media.)

6. jeepchick506

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

I agree 100% with you. I hope to look like a real women one day but hey, I like what I like

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian