1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom is unsupportive

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jeepchick506, Oct 8, 2014.

1. jeepchick506

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    When I first came out to my mom, she was very very shocked. At this point, she is just plain unsupportive and tries to suppress my feelings of who I really am. She doesn't wanna believe that her son wants to be her daughter. Has anyone had the same problem and how do I go about it? My stepdad is indifferent but supports my mom just cause and my Dad that I visit is supportive of it as far as I know.

Yes, I posted earlier today. Imma post as much as needed

2. Kelp Krunch

Well often times there's that initial feeling of disbelief or denial. Really I think only time can make that go away. If you show her that this is something you're serious about and something that makes you happy, she'll come around eventually.

3. Gen

Gen

It sounds as though you are in a very difficult position and I am happy that you have chosen to seek support and advice within this community; however, it can be very difficult for other members to keep up with the discussions of your circumstances when they are spread across different threads. For that reason, I am going to have to ask that you keep responding to threads that have already garnered responses and seek further clarity and assistance there rather than within new ones.

4. jeepchick506

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Makes sense. And shes known for a couple months now. she actually put me down every time I would talk to her about it. like, shed purposely make me feel bad

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Parents sometimes go through a denial stage; probably out of a misunderstanding or concern. My parents have been a pain in my ass about the subject; and it's been a long while.

Give them a bit of time, as they could come around.

6. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

She is only scared to "lose" her son, to lose you. Give her time.

Hug

7. jeepchick506

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ya. She's not loosing anybody. I'm still here, she just knows more about me. Sadly, it seems to her that she is loosing a son.