1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding a binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ronin, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone. So I have a problem. My ribcage underneath the chesticles is 69cm around. That's small. And I'm not too short with a long torso. I'm 174cm. I have a modified Underworks binder that is getting old and I've never really liked how it binded. and it's falling apart now. Then I got some cheapos from Amazon from an Asian company. They are stiff fabric and not very good. I'm not wealthy - I have almost no money to spend. I know one company allows for customization but when it's all said and done I'd be spending $90+ for a single binder. I just can't do that. And I need 2 - one for swimming and one for everything else. Is there any way I can get a decent, yet affordable binder (or two) that flattens really well and FITS? I just don't know what to do.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Underworks doesn't just have that one type you used. They have different styles as well. Have you tried their other things?

3. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Problem with Underworks is that I have to do a lot of modifying to make the XS remotely fit me which means the straps end up not fitting as well potentially. I have that happen with this one where the straps end up riding up on my shoulders close to my neck so it shows with a lot of my shirts.

#3 Ronin, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  4. Opture

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm this is definitely a conundrum...
    If you have a small sized chest, then you could try wearing compression shirts - like Under Armour Heat Gear shirts meant for sports.
    You could also try binders that are marketed towards the Asian markets, since they tend to run smaller. For example, you could try TKingdom binders ( although they're a bit pricey)
    or something like this:
    Cool Mesh Pullover Long Chest Binder

or maybe a strapless binder would work better?
    Strapless Velcro Binder

I've also heard this one runs quite small, and it's incredibly cheap at 1.50$
    New Style Breathable Strapless Chest Breast Binder Trans Lesbian Tomboy Cosplay | eBay

finally you can check out this rad person on tumblr, they make custom fitted binders for pretty cheap.
    I'm a Scientist

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!

5. MickH

#5 MickH, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Loveboat and (I think) T-Kingdom have sizes that run smaller than typical places like Underworks. I'd recommend giving them a look, just know that they can be on the pricey side, but they're very good quality.