1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not attracted to anyone unless I've met them...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Abdadhie, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Abdadhie

Most of my friends are typical guys. They're into girls, they talk about girls and often about sex. We'll be at the pool or something and they will look at a girl and say something like 'man I'd bang her' or something like that. I'm well aware how normal this is for straight guys to do this, even some of my most frigid friends do this to an extent. This isn't the problem. What 'worries' me is the fact that I'm never like that. Unless I'm aroused I don't find sex appealing and I never see someone and have sexual urges. I'm more 'romantic'. Is this normal for gay guys? Am I a bit weird? Thanks for your help!

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, that is exactly like me! People asked me, sometimes "would you do her if you had the chance? Nothing will happen after you do." I said: "No, I don't know her, I wouldn't do that."

In fact, I wouldn't want to do it with anyone unless I know them. It's not me surpressing feelings, there's simply no sexual attraction initially. Imagining being romantic is easier.

That being said, I have met a wonderful guy and he is able to turn on a switch very easily, so to say. Perhaps it's the same for you. You can be sexual, if you meet the right person.

I identify as bisexual (but I can be pansexual), specifically, you can add demisexual as well. It's a term that describes this. (*hug*)

3. theflyingelf

Out Status:
    A few people
    He's spot on with the demisexual. It's an extension of asexuality, and it means: only sexually attracted to people after an emotional bond. Your romantic attraction does not need to be demiromantic in order to be demisexual.

4. MisterTinkles

You are NORMAL (and I do consider "normal" to be a dirty word in my vocab) in Mister Sparkles' world.

Although I have had a few guys who wanted sex the same day we met, it is not something I like or appreciate.

To me, sex is NOT a "big thing". In fact, it is WAY down on my "list" of things I like to do with another guy.

My sister says her friends think Im an asshole because I am not like them....instantaneously out and about, being loud and obnoxious. I am usually quiet around people I do not know, simply for the fact that I am "reading" them. I need to figure out what kind of person they are and how they work, before or IF I start opening up to anyone.

My sister describes me to her friends as "somebody you have to get to know, before he lets you get to KNOW him". And that is the truth. Because I cannot be bothered to waste my time with fake or phony people. If you aren't true to yourself and everybody else, I want nothing to do with you.

I am an extremely private person. I do not want anyone to know anything about me, that I have not told them myself.

If your friends all want to act like jerks and "follow the herd", and be good little sheep, then let them. You apparently are not a sheep, you have brains and know how to use them.

And for people like me, brains and knowledge are a VERY sexy thing. There are others like us out there, granted not many, but we ARE out there. You just have to be on the lookout.