1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of girls clothes are androgynous/unisex?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jannekaan, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Jannekaan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm going shopping with my mum in a few days for clothes for the winter, and this is a perfect opportunity for me to buy androgynous/unisex looking clothes.
    I have one problem though, I'm a size XS (women's) so even men's XS is way too big for me! And as comfy as they are, my mom probably won't let me buy something that is too big.
    Can anyone of you tell me what kind of clothes make you look more androgynous (or just less feminine)? Then I can look out for those in the women's section

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. anonym

anonym Guest

Looser fitting t-shirts, hoodies, button up shirts, chinos, boy-fit jeans, trainers, loafers, brogues

---------- Post added 13th Oct 2014 at 06:43 PM ----------

Btw, I'm an xxxs in men's shirts do I know how annoying that is

4. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    Most likely plaid and more masculine designes wouldbe androgynous things for you too look for

5. Acm

Acm Guest

Plaid, darker colors, loose-fitting pants and tops, jackets. Things with plain or simple patterns

6. Keane

You can usually find ok jeans in most stores. Skate brands or skate style clothes are usually quite tomboyish and therefore will less accentuate the typical women's shape. Some hoodies have a straight cut too, so do shirts. Good think the tomboyish look is more into fashion nowadays than a few years ago.
    All this being said, I would never (or very rarely) go buy clothes in the women's section lol.

You can look in the kids section too. Clothes are often more fit to me, and cheaper but still nice in most shops. :slight_smile: