1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans guys and shoes

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anonym, Oct 14, 2014.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

I have been wearing converse all summer and now the winter's on its way I need some shoes. The problem is I'm only about a UK 5 so I can't fit it men's shoes, even smaller men's sizes. I prefer wearing adult's shoes over children's so wherever possible I look for women's shoes that are unisex (like converse). The problem is these tend to be the big shoe brands that come with a hefty price tag which I can't afford at the moment. I have tried looking in the boy's department but all the shops I have tried so far tend to go up size 13.5 children's size and then stop. What do boys do whose feet are bigger than this but not yet men's size? :confused:

2. The iD

I know a guy who wears women's shoes that have unisex designs, idk if that would help. They're not super hard to find.

3. anonym

anonym Guest

I actually would prefer to wear women's shoes that look like men's than shoes from the boys section. I know they're cheap and all that but they look like children's shoes if you know what I mean. I've found a couple of shops that sell shoes for older boys up to age 16 and a size 8 but to me, they still look childish.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm would Converse work for ya? I know you can interchange with those, anytime.

5. wanderinggirl

Dr. Martens have small/unisex sizing.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was going to mention this too. Converse goes into fairly small sizes.

7. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I only wear Docs and converse right now. About as unisex as it gets.

There are websites online like Zappos that have a fairly wide range of sizes on shoes. I've found ones there that I like, and in my size even (a men's 5) which is always hard to manage, but I haven't personally ordered any from them. Pretty much everyone I know has at one time or another though, and they only have positive things to say.