1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Sure How To Identify

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TeddybearMatt, Oct 16, 2014.

1. TeddybearMatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm hoping to get some advise? I am a older male (this way in the Law)., I have in my 40's started my SRS and had done the requirements of living as a female for two years and also my HRT for almost two years. When I suffered a Heart attack and the doctors informed me I wouldn't be able to proceed with the HRT because my heart was not strong enough. I was also informed the the SRS could not also be done. So after awhile I decided to proceed with plastic surgery to feminize my upper body by finish the breasts with an enlargement, facial, nose,throat, eyes and forehead reconstruction, this also has taken several years.

Now I am passable and live as a female but not sure how to Identify would I list myself as a MTF, Female or androgyny. Seeing I have male lower part not, I do date but sexes but enjoy males more. Been looking into Internet dating seeing I live in a very small homophobic town in the Mountains of Colorado. Please give me some advise. Confused!!!!

2. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How you look has nothing to do with what gender you are! If you feel like you're a woman, then you're a woman. Surgery and HRT have nothing to do with any of that and that's totally fine.

3. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly what Entrain said! There are lots of trans women who also have the "male lower part." Some like it, some can't afford surgery, and others are like you, living with other medical conditions that prevent them from accessing surgery and/or HRT. Your surgical status does NOT dictate your identity.