1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female or Male not sure of Identy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TeddybearMatt, Oct 16, 2014.

1. TeddybearMatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm hoping to get some advise? I am a older male (this way in the Law)., I have in my 40's started my SRS and had done the requirements of living as a female for two years and also my HRT for almost two years. When I suffered a Heart attack and the doctors informed me I wouldn't be able to proceed with the HRT because my heart was not strong enough. I was also informed the the SRS could not also be done. So after awhile I decided to proceed with plastic surgery to feminize my upper body by finish the breasts with an enlargement, facial, nose,throat, eyes and forehead reconstruction, this also has taken several years.

Now I am passable and live as a female but not sure how to Identify would I list myself as a MTF, Female or androgyny. Seeing I have male lower part not, I do date but sexes but enjoy males more. Been looking into Internet dating seeing I live in a very small homophobic town in the Mountains of Colorado and Denver is 4 1/2 away where it could be accepted. Please give me some advise. Confused!!!!

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Do you feel comfortable being a girl? If so, you are female/MTF

Do you feel like you made a mistake with all the plastic surgery, breast implants etc? And do you feel as if you want to live as a male again?

Then you are probably not trans (which would be very unfortunate considering you went through all that pain and now have a female body other than genitals)

That said, not having SRS doesn't make you less if a woman.
    I will not have bottom surgery myself. But I'm still a boy.

I also know of a trans FTM who never did testosterone or bottom surgery.
    You're like that, just the opposite (assuming you enjoy being a woman)

3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let me ask you a quick question.

Do you personally see yourself as a woman?

Identity isn't about parts, and not having finished SRS doesn't make you less of a woman - if in your heart and in your mind you know yourself to be female, then you're just as much a woman now as you would be if you had the opportunity to finish SRS. It's what's inside that matters. :slight_smile: