1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck somewhere i dont belong in a body i need to change

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jeepchick506, Oct 16, 2014.

1. jeepchick506

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If I could be a straight cis male I would be. But that's not the case and I've been denying it for a long time. Since before I was 10 I knew I wanted to be a girl. I finally got the courage to tell my parents a few months ago and my mom has not helped me one bit. She said shed support me. I'm seeing a consular now but he's just a general all around consular. My mom try's to suppress these feelings from me. She seems to accept me but she shows the opposite of support. How to I tell my mom " I'm pissed off that you don't support me at all and that's why I've been moody and defiant and easily aggravated lately. Can you get me to the right damn consular? How do I tell her that in a more effective/polite/informative way?

---------- Post added 16th Oct 2014 at 11:11 PM ----------

I'm 17 by the way.

2. shashank

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    tell her how you feel. ask her if she is OK with you being depressed and suffering all the time or would she rather want you to find some peace. let her know the exact emotions you are experiencing. if she is worried about what family members or her circle of friends think about your choice tell her its not they who are experiencing your problems or the sever mental torture. your life is in no way hurting anyone. think of every point she may bring up in not supporting you and give a logical and sound answer to it.

i am writing what i would tell my mother if I ever had the courage to tell her. I am dying inside not knowing what to do. I really hope you get what you want.

3. jeepchick506

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank u. That honestly helps a lot

4. flatlander48

It can be a very difficult thing to tell someone (particularly a parent) our innermost feelings, so that's one hurdle. You have a story to tell and it must be told; simple as that.

The other hurdle is how you tell her. In other words, if it hurts, that's exactly what you have to say. Don't make it complicated. Don't say it's blue when it's green. Just tell the plain truth.

5. jeepchick506

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    She doesn't know that I'm depressed but she's asked recently and I said no. I dunno why but I just don't wanna tell her.