1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans or fem guy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Trixxie, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Trixxie

I figured i was trans and recently started hormones but latly ive been having an identity crisis like i prefer dressing in more femmine attire and always have. I like guys but at the same time i love seeing same sex couples its just perfect and something about vaginas just grosses me out so im unsure how i would feel with one despite the fact that i feel more like a girl then a guy. This has been bothering me for awhile and i had to keep being trans a secret from my family for a long time so i feel like if i changed they would think im crazy or something and not belive me anymore.

2. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds like something you should discuss with a therapist. The only way to know where the feelings of disgust about female genitalia are coming from is to explore your past and your thoughts on what you are experiencing right now. It would be helpful in figuring out what you want for your future. (*hug*). I'm sorry that you are struggling with this. Definitely talk to a therapist about it, if you can. There's no need to suffer through this silently.

3. Holly82

What she said. That's the best advice you're going to get.

I come from a broken family and always thought all of my problems with women stemmed from issues with my mother. It wasn't until I started therapy and spent a year working through all of it that I realized those issues were still there to a certain degree. And they were manifesting differently. I always knew I was only attracted to women, but I didn't realize quite a bit of that attraction was jealousy and wanting to have what they had. Once I realized everything I was dreaming I wish I had in someone else was everything i was denying in me, so many things started to fall into place.

Anyway, the point is, gender identity, sexual orientation, understanding your childhood, and life in general are all very complicated. Having a professional in your corner is such a wonderful thing i can't even explain it.

Journaling also helps a lot. :slight_smile:

Keep talking to others and best of luck! (*hug*)

4. Trixxie

ya i intend on speaking with my therapist but my next appointment isnt until december so im abit lost atm