1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello again :)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by paris, Oct 19, 2014.

1. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, everyone, I didn't posted into this category for a while so just a small update for those who interested.
    I don't know if my gender identity is kind of evolving or if I've been just more observing of things...
    I had a few chest dysphoria attacks lately that were probably triggered by wearing rather fitting clothes in public. I think the reason could be that I gained some weight. My BMI still fits in the normal weight category but I just don't fancy my current proportions, esp. butt, hips and chest area. :icon_sad:

Besides I noticed it does bother me more often to be seen as a woman by strangers. It doesn't necessarily mean I want to be seen as a man (and it's not my goal to be one so I don't think I'm FtM) but it obviously makes me more comfortable out of the two binary options. Ideally though I think I'd be the happiest if people see me without any gender. I considered that maybe I could be agender then but I've always felt my brain is more of a male so it's not like I don't feel gender at all.

I used to think that androgyne is in the middle of the female-male spectrum but I'm probably just an androgyne who's more on the male side?... I don't know, I have no problem to be a daughter and use female grammatical gender when speaking (though maybe it's just out of habit) but I'd definitely like to have more androgynous, to some extent even masculine body, but I wouldn't undergo surgery for it. I just wish my chest was more flat, my hips wasn't showing and stuff, you know.

I decided to start dieting, eating better and healthier, go for walks and start doing yoga again. I hope it'll help me to get in better shape and reduce my breast size because it does bother me a lot.
    Thanks for reading and wishing you a wonderful day. :slight_smile:
    P.S. Feel free to share your dieting tips :icon_wink

2. Bastian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi dear, I can give you few advices about dieting :slight_smile:
    1 - eat less but eat more often. I usually eat 6 - 7 meals a day, even small portions. Eat approx. every 3rd hour. DO NOT STARVE! Very important notice. The more you starve, the more you gain once you eat again.
    2 - do more excercise. Yoga is fine, but you need to burn those calories, right? Run, swim, ride a bike - anything that makes you sweat. At least 20 for minutes three times a week. The trick is doing this regularly.
    3 - carbohydrates in the morning, then add a bit protein for lunch and in the evening finish only with proteins.
    4 - vegetables! You cannot eat enough vegetables!

Good luck. Personally I think everyone has the "natural" weight border that fits him or her and as far as I know it´s not easy to get under it. But it is not impossible. :thumbsup:

Edit: I´ve lost about 22 lbs with those tips I´ve written above, feel free to ask me more if you want.

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    22 lbs? Wow! I have no idea what my natural weight border is but think I'm above it. Think I'll try combine swimming with some power walking... then I found some exercise that should reduce breast size and will see how it's all gonna work. Thank you, Bastian. (*hug*)

4. RalphHenry

RalphHenry Guest

If you feel a little of both male and female maybe you're bigender. You said you don't necessarily like being seen as female, but you don't mind being one. That could be possibly because of the moments you feel like a guy more. Hope this helped!

5. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, RalphHenry. I've been thinking about it for a while but I don't know. The difference is for example that I don't mind having boobs when I'm alone, I feel pretty neutral about them, I don't either hate them or love them, but I don't fancy much when people see I do have them and automatically think I'm a female. It somehow feels better when they think I'm a male... even though I think I'm not. At least not fully. Does that even make sense?:confused:

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  7. Unkempt Harold

I went to a navy nutrition class and they basically said the best diet is exactly what you described ^.^

8. CyclingFan

That diet looks pretty solid to me as well. I tried to keep the amount of meat at the recommended serving size of ~100g, tended to eat any carbs for breakfast or lunch, and ate veggies if I was still hungry. I also went with a "cheat day" once a week where I could eat what I wanted, although I often tied that to a big cardio exercise day and a high protein meal soon after the workout.

Cheeseburgers are delicious. They're even more so if you've biked 100k that day. :slight_smile:

*sigh* think I need to get back on this so I can have a waist. If I'm right at my bmi I do cut in quite a bit from my hips to waist.

9. Worlock

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exercise-wise, I do a lot of yoga and it's definitely good for keeping weight down/off. I think a lot of people disregard it as an effective form of physical activity, but if you get into the more intense types like Ashtanga/Vinyasa, you'll burn a ton of calories. It's also a great stress-reliever. I use it as a tool to help me build strength and endurance and then take it to the gym for when I work on things like weights and cardio.

Diet-wise, I'd say don't diet. Just eat in moderation and keep an eye on sweets (this was really helpful for me). If you really need a more cohesive/exact guide, maybe consult a nutritionist or your doctor.

Hope this helps!

10. MN Writer

as far as dieting is concerned, I can attest that weight watchers is by far the easiest and most effective diet. I've lost about 65 pounds because of it and keep losing weight every week (I was quite overweight at the start). It's good because you can eat whatever you want, you just have to portion things out more. For example: I can still eat a whole bunch of potato chips if I want, but doing so means I'll have fewer points to spend on dinner. I can drink pop and eat pizza, but now I opt to not eat desert too.

it really just regulates your daily intake so that it is consistent caloric intake but slightly lower than your body needs so that you continue to lose weight. It essentially tricks your metabolism into thinking that you don't need to store fat but should burn it instead. My wife has also done WW and has lost about 60 pounds

11. Kimika

I do mostly Yoga as well. It's a good stress reliever and also really good if you ever decide to try any sort of martial art. Yoga also gives you much better balance.

Diet-wise, there are 2 big things that can help lose weight.
    1. Calorie Counting: This aspect is just basic math really, If you are taking in more than your body is sending out, it has to go somewhere. To be sure of how many calories you need to eat you can find a "Calorie Calculator". Sadly these usually go by a gender/sex binary but sometimes it can make a difference so look at both.

2. Blood Sugar: You want to kinda keep your blood sugar at a healthy medium. Blood sugar can go up or down depending on what type of carbohydrates you eat and how many. By balancing out your carbs and spreading out your meals you keep your blood sugar from spiking up or down. Fast Carbs are your worst enemy with this, Fast carbs are usually your breads and your simple sugars. You can still eat them, you just have to cut them back a lot. Slow carbs are your fruits, vegetables, and grains like oatmeal.

Balancing out your blood sugar levels can also help with making sure you don't get diabetes and can also help with high blood pressure as well. I used to have to take medication for high blood pressure, even when I would exercise. But, Once I changed my diet to keep my blood sugar balanced, I stopped having to take it.

12. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound so much like me that it is startling and refreshing.

Anyways, to answer your actual question - I jog/run, and do things called callisthenics for about 3 hours 3x a week. It builds definition, but not enough to be bulky. I started because of band actually - my instructor was very...um, insistent that we all needed to be in ridiculously good shape and started an exercise regime. I stopped, but started again to try and get that muscle back.

For diet...I think eating well is all you need to do 1,200 is what they say and regular exercise. When I stopped eating meat and drinking (just drinking, not using in say, cereal or something) milk, I lost quite a bit of weight from that. It startled my nurse.

13. MN Writer

Oh I should add that my 65 pounds lost on weight watchers included almost no exercise at all (except for maybe 15 minutes a day of walking).

you don't have to exercise hard to lose weight or slim down. I know everyone seems to believe that, but they are wrong. Also, my doctor suggested weight watchers (he and his wife were both on it and doing well). You don't have to go to the groups, you can do it all online and on your phone (if you have a smartphone).