1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I was in elementary school, I wanted to wear armor....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Unkempt Harold, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Unkempt Harold

Ok so, this is a little strange.

Growing up in school (and honestly even today :/) I had, or have INCREDABLE trouble picking out male cloths. In school I'd always wish I could just wear knightly, or batman like armor.

I don't know if it's because it's more androgynous, wether I was simply failing at understanding what masculine things are and tried to compensate, believing those things were manly, or both.

I guess I'm trying to figure out wether it was a defense mechanism against my feminine side or just straight up androgynous identity.

Or maybe it was just me being 8.

EDIT: BTW, I'm in the military and LITERALLY wear armor to work. And still only have like 2 t-shirts and a pair of jeans and shorts just to have some civilian cloths.

#1 Unkempt Harold, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. shinji

shinji Guest

Just a random question by someone who doesn't understand what you are going through... Do you have a leather jacket? Like... those bulky heavy genuine skinny leather jackets that make you look all badass and stuff? That is to say... a bike jacket. You can't get closer to "armor", than that, without looking too weird.

3. Unkempt Harold

No but I am actually getting one. As its the easiest thing to look decent in :/

4. swan32145

swan32145 Guest

Here I thought the title was metaphorical. Imagine my surprise.