1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High testosterone and forcing estrogen on FTMs

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NingyoBroken, Oct 21, 2014.

1. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

So the results for my blood test came in.

They said I have very high testosterone possibly caused by polycystic ovaries.

So my dad got all excited, saying how the doctors could "fix" my by giving me anti-androgens and estrogen.

And my mom told me "well, if the doctor reccomends it.."

I'd rather die than take estrogen. If my body becomes any more feminine I will surely kill myself after some time.

I was so happy yesterday, dressing how I want and feeling like the amazing (and admittedly a bit too flamboyant haha) gay guy I am.

Now my family is so excited about "fixing" me.
    If they force me to be a girl, I don't think I can take it.. I will break. I will fight as hard as I can to not take estrogen.

Someone take me out of this nightmare called "life"

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2014 at 03:20 AM ----------

Ah, let me tell you what I told my dad just now. It's good.

"Imagine you are in the doctor's office, and they give you an injection. You feel perfectly fine when you go home, until you notice your face is becoming more feminine. You watch in horror as your body looses muscle mass, and you start growing hips like a woman. You start to cry; you can't help it, your emotions are everywhere now. And then you notice, you start growing breasts! How would you feel?!"

Hopefully that made him think.

#1 NingyoBroken, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
  2. Ryujin

How did he react?

3. Hexagon

You can refuse. If you're pushed far enough, refuse to let them administer the drugs. They cannot force you. In fact, they tried the same thing on me, when I was about fourteen. Anyway, polycystic ovaries don't cause transness. If it is, indeed, caused by testosterone, which I won't speculate on, it happens about six weeks after conception, and would actually be caused by your mother's polycystic ovaries, not yours.

4. Ryujin

Oh yeah, and this

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't want to take it, then you do not have to take it. The only thing that I would caution you on is that if they say that you *need* it, then you should take it. I had to have a shot of E before I started T because my hormones were so messed up. This made me feel better than I had in years, because all of my medical issues were tied to my messed up hormones.

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Estrogen will not make me feel better. It will feminize the very androgynous features I am proud to have, it will make my chest even bigger, and overall make my body more feminine. I have enough crippling dysphoria as it is.

My family has been convinced that having high testosterone can somehow make a cis-female want to be a man.
    I know this is wrong; even my therapist shook her head and said "no, that's not true.."
    But I somehow cannot convince my family (especially my mother) this.

I WILL NOT have estrogen no matter what they say. They'd have to hold me down and force me, which hopefully they cannot do.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not talking in the since of physical dysphoria. I'm talking in more of a hormonal balance thing. I only had to take one shot, and I have been on T since without an issue. They told me that if I did not take that shot, I would have major medical problems.

So, I'm not saying to go on it long term, I'm just saying that if you do end up having to have a shot before you start T, it is not the end of the world.

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

The only thing is, I CAN'T start T.

My family is ignorant, as you have read. There's no way they'd let me start T.
    So therefore I'd be stuck with the feminizations the estrogen will give me, until I am able to move out of my parent's home.

That is a really big deal.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As I said in my post, I said before you start T. I did not say now. I would not go on it now. I was just talking about in the future if you are able to start T and they make you have to take some E shots.

10. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

In that case I'd not have as much of a problem with it, knowing I'd be going on T later.

But definitely nothing now. At all.

11. Hexagon

Interesting. My hormones were fucked, and they didn't even suggest it to me.

12. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

He seemed to be a bit shocked at first, but then showed no response and carried on with his fucking happy life.

13. anonym

anonym Guest

I don't understand. Why do they need to give you estrogen when your trans?

14. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Code:

My parents strongly believe that me being trans is caused by my high levels of testosterone and possible polycystic ovaries.

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2014 at 06:15 AM ----------

So anyways, I have decided something.

I must admit, I have been pretending that I am still confused (or more like, avoiding telling my family that I am not confused). I have been doing this because if I even mention mysekf being trans, they practically tell me I'm not and that I don't know what I'm talking about.
    This of course, has resulted in them thinking that I am simply going through gender confusion.

I have decided I will try my best to be open with them, no matter what they say.
    I will completely come out. I will show them that I am unwavering.

15. Litveninko

I have high testosterone also and my parents wants to give me estrogen. i didn't check my T levels. its just so obvious that I have high testosterone
    I also said the same thing to my dad when I came out and he just laughed.
    where do you live btw? they can't force you to take some hormons.

16. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I live in North Carolina, USA

My mother told me that since I am a minor, they can force me to take estrogen.

17. Litveninko

oh yeah that minor ''shit'' just refuse with everything in your power, threat that you would kill yourself.

18. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

^ NO NO NO NO NO do NOT threaten to kill yourself. Trust me, you don't want to be labeled mentally unstable. I've never threatened to kill myself in front of a psychiatrist, but I HAVE gone through some scary mental health stuff - and believe you me, you do NOT want that to happen to you. It'll just make your life 1000000x harder.

Perhaps you should try writing a letter to your parents, fully explaining your situation (that's actually what I'm doing right now). Or you can ask the doctor(s) what the potential consequences of your NOT taking estrogen may be, so that you can gauge whether it might be beneficial, health-wise, to take it.

Do not threaten to kill yourself. Do not self-harm. Do not ACTUALLY kill yourself. Been there, done that…. and trust me, there's always something to live for - even when it seems like there isn't.

19. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    Lymanclark's right, threatening to kill yourself is not a good idea. Being labeled mentally unstable and a danger to oneself can get you into a situation where you have less control over your situation.

There's a couple ways out that I see for you. One is to talk to your parents and do your best to show them your perspective. The other is the passive-aggressive route I took where you take the pills until you reach the age of majority and then stop.

20. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

@NingyoBroken

Yeah - like @IS92, I feel like talking to the pater and mater is the best option here. They sound like they're not really transphobic - just a little ignorant. If you clearly explain everything, and provide solid evidence that you really ARE a transgender male, then perhaps they'll listen to you and not force you to take estrogen.

(Also, I used to live in NC! I've still got a slight drawl, much to the delight of my friends over here. They just loooove to imitate it -_-)