1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone calls

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by swan32145, Oct 24, 2014.

1. swan32145

swan32145 Guest

I don't know what it is, but I simply cannot call offices to schedule my appointment for hormones. I hate phone calls, talking on phones, the whole freaking spiel. I've come out to a room filled with over a hundred people, but I can't make one simple phone call. WTF. I simply can't do it. Calling them is the worst feeling in the world, and not one trans affirmative provider in my state has any other means of contact. I don't understand why it should be necessary to call them instead of just email. I mean, I get they're busy and all, but I have a serious problem with talking on the phone. It's frustrating. It makes me feel like there's something wrong with me. I mean, Jesus, it's just a phone call; it shouldn't be harder than anything I've already said. I've come out to every single person who knows me, including friends from high school who go to college with me, some of whom I've known sense I was like six. Ordinarily I'm confident and comfortable with my identity. The phone call thing is really getting to me. I'd probably be on hormones by now if I had any other way to contact them. I just don't get it. It doesn't make sense and I'm tearing myself up about it. I went to my doctor today and had no problem talking about it, but all they did was give me a website and tell me to call the number. Yeah, that helps. I'm sorry for ranting.
    Am I the only person who has trouble with phone calls here? Why is so damn hard to talk on the phone and why only the phone? I wish there was a way around making a phone call.

2. Really

I also hate the phone but am ok if someone calls me rather than me calling them. Can you call when the office is closed and leave a message? Or walk in to the office and make the arrangements? Good luck.

3. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    You might have a look at this.

Telephone phobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're seeing a mental health professional, bring it up with them, your irrational fear, that is. If you aren't seeing a therapist you should probably seek one out.

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2014 at 04:17 AM ----------

I am not a "therapist" and take online information for what is, unreliable possibly inaccurate blah blah giant fucking disclaimer blah blah etc.

4. ouji

ouji Guest

I am exactly the same as you. I have such a fear of calling people on the phone. I cannot do it. It terrifies me.

5. Pipihpipih

Pipihpipih Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Phonophobic?
    What do u call it..?