1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just need to rant about dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by itsAli, Oct 26, 2014.

1. itsAli

parents are allowed to circumcise their children without the childs consent, when they’re BABIES, women can get their boobs enlarged and reduced at will, they can also have cosmetic surgery to make their labia even and men can get circumcised if they wish. yet I can’t go to a doctor and say “My breasts, a secondary sex characteristic I have cause me extreme dysphoria and cause me depression, yet wearing my binder at the moment is causing too much fluid build up in my lungs and if i keep wearing it i may get pneumonia, however if i don’t i kind of want to kill myself” and I have to wait years or pay loads to get it done, and I'm looked down at for it.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You had another thread about your parents a while ago... would those resources help you?
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/156085-i-just-im-kind-scared.html#4

Would it help you to use sports bras for a short while for healths sake, and talking to a therapist ?

Do you have a gender therapist or a counselor you can talk to ?

(*hug*)(*hug*)

Remember we're here for you...

"Stormageddon, dark lord of all"
    stay to the light side, they have better cookies :slight_smile:

#2 jay777, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  3. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

You can get a double mastectomy in order to prevent breast cancer, correct?

4. itsAli

Yes you can, but as a 17 year old, almot 18 year old unemployed English college student living at home, that isn't an option.

I've tried sports bras, I can deal with them when I'm around just my friends because I know they see me as a guy, but in public, I have to wear my binder ._.

5. MN Writer

Society says: Just be yourself

Society says: No, not like that!

I feel your pain, my friend. Just don't give up. Eventually you'll get where you want to be, until then just try to live a life true to your desires.