1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you relate better to guys or girls?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Groosenator, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me being my perpetually uncertain self, have realized that typically, I relate better to girls than I do to guys, even though I identify as FtM. I'm a little self conscious about it.

I feel like generally speaking when I talk to people, it's the females who I can really relate to a lot of the time. Does anyone think this is a little off? What about your experience? Does anyone else relate better to people of your assigned gender (or not at all)?

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Guys. Girls tend to be too complicated or emotional for me.

3. lizardman

It depends on how I'm feeling. It also depends on which girls or guys I'm hanging out with. Basically, I can't say whether I relate better to girls or guys.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

Guys usually

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Because I was socialized female, I'll always have an ability to relate with hardships girls and women have to face, and I personally feel dissonance around most cis men because of my past, my experiences, and what I know (as well as don't know).

Most of my friends are women (cis, trans) and trans men, if that says anything.

6. stormborn

most of my friends are girls, but i think it's that i relate better to a certain type of person than gender. most of those types of people happen to be female, is all.

7. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can relate to both in different ways. But pretty much all of my friends are girls and I feel like I'm a bit more comfortable around females, not sure why...

8. DoriaN

It's hard for me to say. I work with guys, and hate that atmosphere, and when it comes to issues it's hard to relate.
    That said, I love flirting with guys. I feel comfortable and naturally gravitate towards them to relax with or be close to.

With girls, it's almost a given. I know what's going on inside the brain a lot of the time, and relate/associate on a mental level. I 'understand' women, and so there isn't much mystery or anything to get in the way from relaxing and relating to a girl.

That said I've been exposed to wayyyy more males, and I do /not/ get them. Boys are confusing! They can also be super gross Orz

I've overall had more experience with men, and if there wasn't a natural attraction I probably wouldn't have much to do with them besides video games.

9. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

For me it really depends on the person, gender doesn't matter. My closest friends are a mixture of girls and guys.

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It's hard to say. I guess I mostly talk to girls, but sometimes I have fun conversations with guys and understand them a lot more.

11. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a bit complicated. I don't understand girls/women. I don't think like them or behave like them at all. Having said that, I've been far more exposed to women than men in my lifetime, so I'm still trying to adjust to how men act and such. As an example. Let's say you were forced to write with your right hand all your life even though you were strictly left handed. Then one day they finally let you use your left hand and though it feels more natural, there's still some getting used to and training involved. That's kinda what it feels like.

#11 Ronin, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For me it's a bit of both , I relate to girls when it comes to how I dress , style make up those and things I like to do like hobbies and stuff .
    with guys I relate when it comes to my sexual orientation and with video games but that's about it .
    I relate better with girls but as soon as they start talking about how they like guys just seems so foreign to me .

13. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys, certainly. I find it a little difficult to understand some girls sometimes.

14. TheStormInside

In some ways I relate to women better, in other ways, men. I seem to get along better with women in general, though. It's always more natural than my interactions with men, who I think I feel intimidated by at times.

15. AlexTheGrey

It's hard to say really. I relate to people in different ways, but I don't really feel like I relate better to one group or the other, just that I relate to them differently. And I've seen cisgender folks who relate better with other genders than they do their own.

I do wind up with more closer friends of my assigned gender though, but it gets kinda complicated there.

16. Pipihpipih

Pipihpipih Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I like to relate better to guys they are more logical and not a drama queen.
    Womens are keep a secret too much. Dun like it

17. Rainbow Kitty

Girls. I'm not exactly a 'Femme Gay' but I like a little mascara to bring out my face. At my school, the typical hetero-guy judges me for it. I like more female-oriented music as well. I dunno, most guys just don't click with me as friends.

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

There are exceptions, as somebody can be easier to relate to, whatever their gender. But others have already mentioned this, and in a better way.

That said, this is how I describe my relationship, with the two genders, in general:

With men, I'm a puddle. But with women, I'm an ocean.

Take that for what you will.

19. Kristina5

I have to say I relate more on the women side. just simply, I prefer girl talk! I find it more interesting. Maybe because who I am?

20. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that's off at all! Nothing to feel self conscious about, I don't think it's gender related just personal preference.

My best friend is a girl, but I do as a rule enjoy hanging out with the guys. That's not a euphemism. :lol: