1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SnowQueen, Nov 1, 2014.

1. SnowQueen

SnowQueen Guest

Hello. I'm new to this forum and I'm very confused. I think I'm bisexual, but I'm not sure if I can call myself that, because I haven't had sex yet(even with a man) although I'm 20. I had a relationship with a guy, but I didn't felt sexually attracted to him, I just liked his personality, I think I've never really fell in love with somebody. But I always felt attracted to both men and women, maybe even slighly more to women. Also, I'm very tomboyish. As a kid I wanted to be a boy, I looked like a boy and acted like one, I never liked girl stuff. Today, I still feel more comfortable in man's clothes, have short hair, don't wear make up and prefer doing things that are considered "manly" and I get irritated if somebody tells me that I'm not supposed to or I should do something, because I'm a woman. I also like it when somebody mistakes me for a guy and sometimes I still wish to have been one. But I'm also ok with dressing like a woman, wearing dresses and high heels and putting on make up for some occassions and I'm fine with my body(although I want to have more muscle, but I should start working on that). There was even a time in my teens when I was more feminine(I was into emo and scene fashion). So is it ok to call myself bi, without having had a relationship or sex with a girl and should I worry about my gender identity?

#1 SnowQueen, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
  2. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing wrong with being tomboyish. There are plenty of women who are comfortable with being just a masculine woman. It is annoying when people try to put restrictions on you based off stereotypes and labels. And it's wrong for them to do that. You don't need to have had sex to have an orientation. For example, lots of straight people never have sex until they are married, they're still straight. It's just an orientation which means it's the way you face. Has nothing to do with action. If that makes sense? That's the way I see it anyways. And sure, definitely explore your gender identity. Just make sure that you don't listen to anyone but yourself as to who you are in the end - don't let anyone force anything on you. Chances are, you already know what your gender identity really is. I wouldn't worry about it, but definitely explore it out. Exploring who we are can be frustrating, it can be fun, it can be intriguing. It's well worth the effort.

#2 Ronin, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  3. P25

P25 Guest

Hello Snowqueen,
    Welcome. I am told that in order to be considered bi you don't have to have had sex with both men and women. It's a subject that confuses me at times as well. I can tell you I have been in love with a woman and a man, but have only had sex with a man. I would be open to sex with a woman but I am currently married and am choosing to stay married. It's tough to navigate these feelings sometimes and all that matters is that ur are confortable with who you are and who you love. I personally don't think labels are important but reading ur post u do sound bi to me.