1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If your a trans male can you still be attracted to men?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TrueHeartZ, Nov 2, 2014.

1. TrueHeartZ

I think I am bio female but think I am a trans male. I hate everything about being female and wish every night I was born male. However, I am still attacked to men I am attracted to females as well but I tend to lean more toward males. I am attracted to their bodies and masculine features. It confuses me a lot. The idea of me having sex through vaginal penetration disgusts me in every way, but I am excited by oral or anal sex. I can also see myself penetrating. Are there transgender people who are attracted to the same sex as what they have transitioned to?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yup. Most trans people on this site are gay or lesbian!

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think a trans man can still be attracted to men , it's the same way a trans female is attracted to women .

I would think a trans male that's only attracted to men is a gay male
    and a trans female only attracted to women is a lesbian .

unless they liked both sexes then they would be bisexual .

5. Acm

Acm Guest

Yeah, a lot of trans guys are attracted to men. Trans people can be any sexuality (Gay/straight/bi/pan/asexual/etc)

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A million times yes! I'm a trans guy and I'm bisexual. I've been sure of it for years now. I was hesitant to accept this sexual orientation because I thought being trans was rare enough. There was a time in my life when I only dated females and I repressed all sexual thoughts about males.

One thing to keep in mind when you check out men is jealousy vs attraction. Yeah, you can feel neither, one, or both. It's easy for me to recognise what I'm feeling, but it might confuse other trans guys.

Anyway, I think some cis people get jealous of other cis people bodies too! I'm certain that you can imagine it.

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm multisexual and trans. Gender identity and sexual orientation are completely different things, so a trans person can be just as gay, lesbian, or multisexual as a cis person can be.

I think, though, I can kind of relate with being attracted to men and wondering if the attraction is genuine, or if it's out of envy/curiosity. I've wanted to sleep with (cis) men just so I could satisfy some curiosities and thoughts of mine, perhaps even experience sex vicariously through them, although the more I think about it, I would date a guy just for the sake of a relationship, because I find masculine identities attractive regardless of physical sex.

8. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sure. Even if I don't feel ready to label myself as trans, I take the 'gay' label because it's the one that come closer to what I like/prefer/sleep with (males).
    I don't think there is nothing wrong with that, but I can understand where your confusion may come from : The idea that all men must have a penis, and women a vagina... I'm trying to get over that. I guess it takes time, because we grow up with those ideas.

9. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. There are many transpeople on EC who are gay.

10. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Definitely. I'm like you, in fact. I like both guys and girls but tend to lean towards guys.

11. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's definitely possible. I find both males and females sexually attractive, but romantically I prefer to be with someone who is like myself, with whom I can connect on many levels, and for me this will generally be a masculine individual. Like Oddish said, it's an attraction to masculine identities regardless of biological sex.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexuality and gender are two different things. I'm trans, but I'm still attracted to men. It's no biggie.