1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Androgynous vs Curvy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SittinInTheDark, Nov 2, 2014.

1. SittinInTheDark

Right Now: Minneapolis llll Usually: New York City
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hope this fits here. I am new, so if it doesn't, just point me in the right direction.

Let me just start off with this: I am not trans. I know that. I have a friend who is, and I don't feel like that is me. Sometimes I feel like a guy, and I like it, but when I think about having a penis, I definitely don't want that. I know that there is a gender binary,

However, I do have issues with this being a girl all the time thing. I am very curvy, and my breasts are a significant problem for me. I like dressing nice: skinny jeans or leggings, a button down shirt that is usually buttoned all the way up, and maybe a blazer. I have become more partial to ties recently as well.

I like the female side of me, but I feel like it is not always me, and I feel much more comfortable in skinnies and a button up that really fits me well. But I can't wear button ups because of my breasts. They are constantly busting open to reveal my bra. I just wish they were smaller so that I can dress more androgynously. The idea of one day being able to wear a tux or a suitcoat with tails makes me so happy.

But the way my body works, this could never really happen.

In the words of one of my friends back home: "You're trying to be all androgynous, but you really can't, cause you are too curvy."

I can't wear button down shirts, I can't wear suit coats, I can't wear suspenders. All three things that I want to wear...

Also, being in New York has been so nice for my wearing new things, but I definitely don't want to think about going home and my friends giving me weird looks when I wear a tie. :icon_redf :help:

*sigh*

2. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! I do not know if I am as curvy as you, but I am rather...unfortunately female-bodied. 36-27-34 measurements....:$ I have found that binding, and wearing bigger shirts helps. And try for men's skinny jeans instead - they tend to make your hips/behind less noticable.

Also, exercise is always a thing to consider. Building muscle helps a lot, and it makes me, personally, noticeably less...feminine, and more lean. Just something to keep in mind.

As for the weird looks - well, doesn't everyone want to rock a tie?

3. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Get a size larger than what you usually wear. Instead of a tie, try a bow-tie. Wear men's pants. If your curviness is still noticeable in Men's skinny jeans and it bothers you, try another cut like, slim-fit or straight.

4. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like you're non-binary, or transmasculine.

Look into safe binders, such as underworks. Long ones also work to slim down hips.