1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans* Visibility thread - Transparent, Laverne Cox, South Park, The Cissy, etc.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NaomiB, Nov 2, 2014.

1. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A quite large and pretty well know forum, Transgender boards com / tgboards com has been down now for over 2 days I have asked a few people to check it out themselves to find out if it is down for them also and yes it has been for over 2 days now. I signed up for emptyclosets due to this.

I really hope that site comes back up soon since I was a very active member and had many posts.

I am feeling the need to reopen a thread I have on emptyclosets that I had on tgboards

It is in regards to the explosion of transgender visibility thru news, in tv shows, celebrities ,etc. in the past year and a half. (The reason why my thread title is Transparent, Laverne Cox, South Park, The Cissy(south park trans/cis/cissy/etc. episode), etc.).

I am a big south park fan. I opened the thread it mainly because I, even before watching "The Cissy" on hulu when I saw the title, quickly thought to myself...this is going to be a trans/gender identity related show. And since south park is immensely popular even to folks not familiar with trans/gender related issues I thought I would open a thread in regards to trans visibility thru any means..conversation, tv, media, art, news, IRL, etc.

So since tgboards com seem to be down I am reopening it here and that perhaps is a good thing since emptyclosets is a much bigger website.

I am a new member but not in regards to being part of a trans* forum/discussion board....so to the mods I hope I am doing this right....

reg URL(for a more in depth explanation of next picture)...
    I removed this url after posting due to it posted my full name which is against the mods rules.
    msg me if you want the link.

picture link - through emptyclosets album....

[​IMG]

picture link2 - through emptyclosets album....
    happy tribute image to the dead regardless of identity...Watch south park episode "The Cissy" and "The Magic Bush" to understand the gfx on the image a little more.....

[​IMG]

#1 NaomiB, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Was googling and I guess there's a visibility day on March 31...but why not have two? Nov.20 and Mar.31!

3. MN Writer

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is transgender awareness month?

Shit... my card will be revoked.

But I'll definitely have to participate in both of those days. And considering I'm not out to too many people I need to be careful in my support publicly... i may have gone too far at my Halloween party.

5. NaomiB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Did not know that :slight_smile:
    Transgender Awareness Month, eh?
    Sweet.