1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I will never get a girl

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RayXxx, Nov 2, 2014.

1. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

All because of this body and my identity. I've tried dating websites. And I'm always looking around for bisexual or pansexual women in my area but there is hardly any. I feel like an idiot because the one and only girl that asked me out I turned down because she wasn't really my type, and she didn't know I was trans. I should have given her one chance at least. I know I will be forever alone and I'm not sure what to do. I'm majorly depressed and my life seems to be spiraling downward. Where can I find a girl who doesn't find my identity a turn off and is attracted to me? I just want someone to hold, kiss and help me feel better when I'm down. Why can't I have that? I'm just so sick and tired of this endless solitude.

I almost tempted to start flirting with random hot girls but I know they'd be grossed out or think I'm weird so I refrain. I can hardly check them out without feeling shame about myself.

2. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't be surprised if how you're feeling isn't a bigger barrier than your identity. Not say 'Bad Ray, feel better or be forever alone!' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: More.. I encourage you to seek help for that or find a way to focus on that, rather than focusing on 'I'm trans, therefore nothing will work out for me'.

I know that's all a lot easier said than done.. but I think by being here and talking about how you feel is a good first step.

#2 laut, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  3. Chriswe

I understand that it seems very dark right now, but the light will come back.
    Somewhere out there, a girl is waiting for someone just like you. You're still young, you just got to find her.
    About that you're depressed, please don't be afraid to seek help or talk to someone.

It will get better.

4. skizze

Maybe not my place to give advice, but my very straight and cisgendered sister has lived 26 years so far w/o a single boyfriend. I don't think you should be feeling down that you don't have a girlfriend at your age.

And maybe stop looking for only openly-bi/pansexual people. Someone who thinks they're straight might turn out to be bi/pan if you give them a chance.

Cheers (*hug*)

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Hey buddy. I was in the same boat. Sometimes, it takes not looking to find someone. My boyfriend (bi) and I met via Facebook through the same group, a support and social group for gay transmen and partners. I wasn't looking for a partner. I just liked his post and he hit me up. We've been together since June.

One, a lot of it might be how confident you are about yourself. People tend to go for people who have a healthy self esteem and are at least somewhat self positive. Not saying you need to be vain but honestly, you're not as bad as you think you are. Give yourself a little more credit. Dysphoria is rough but experiencing it doesn't make you less of a person.

Two, there are girls who admire trans men. I've definitely met my fair share. You'll be kissing a lot of frogs to find your princess, so to speak, but that's with anyone, either male or female. The first girl you meet might not be the one who's right for you. But there are in fact straight and bisexual women who definitely don't mind trans men. Yes, you'll need to be upfront about being Ftm but that means you'll be able to easily blow the wheat from the caffe, or however that works.

6. anonym

anonym Guest

Yeah, I've heard that the more desperate you are to find someone the less likely it is to happen. I don't know why and I've no experience of that myself. I've never looked for a relationship my whole life and I never got any interest in that time so maybe it is all rubbish. :eusa_eh:

To be completely honest, I find it better not to dwell on the idea that I'll never be in a relationship and instead focus on what I can do to make my life better for me rather than relying on someone else for my emotional needs. I don't believe I ever will be in a relationship, not necessarily because I'm trans but because I'm ugly :grin: The way I see it, I'm responsible for my own happiness and I'm gradually coming to terms with the idea that I will always be single and that's ok. It doesn't mean I have to be miserable. I can choose to be or I can choose not to be. Do you see?

7. MN Writer

Okay, so please don't take this the wrong way because I know age is just a relative thing (and you can't exactly help it), but at the age of 19 there is NO WAY to be certain you'll be alone forever. I know plenty of women who have trans FtM partners (most of them were gay/lesbian before and met their FtM partners at gay bars etc.). I was even part of a wedding for one of those couples.

You have to learn to think about this from a different perspective. Your belief that it will never happen or that the girls will be grossed out is the exact thing that's keeping you from getting what you want. I know that's hard to hear, and it's easy to self-victimize over your responsibility in the resulting loneliness, but once can accept that most of the problem is your perspective and approach, you can learn to change that for the better. You ABSOLUTELY SHOULD hit on those hot girls and see what happens. There is this thing about women that successfully dating men learn and that is most women react very positively to confidence. Why do you think the stereotype exists that (straight) girls always like the "bad boy" type? it's because "bad boys" are almost always CONFIDENT in their approach.

I have a unique perspective about this because I was raised and socialized to be male, but have been female all along, so in a way I had to learn the hard way how to attract women to me through typically cisgendered male methods. Number one trait on that list is confidence. Number two is to smile. It sounds stupid, I know, but you've got to smile and make confident eye contact. There have been countless studies that show how much this affects a person's attractiveness.

If they do get weird about it or they reject you, the best thing you can do is to act like it's no big deal (even if it is to you) because you don't need their affection. I know it sounds like bad advice to not show your emotions, but if you are wanting a girl who finds you attractive as a male, you've got to almost act like you don't need them because you are manly enough on your own to take care of yourself. You'd be amazed how effective it can be, it certainly worked for me. The only issue for me was that I was really a girl pretending to be the male they saw me as, so it was always a façade. I wanted to be kind and gentle and passive. I wanted to be the one being pursued not the pursuer.

I suspect for you it is the opposite, you want to be the pursuer and the confident masculine energy in the interaction but maybe are having a hard time overcoming the socialized feminine parts of yourself?

Whatever the case, you have to decide you aren't going to give up and that if you try enough and work at it enough, you will succeed. 99% of all success comes from the determination to succeed and to never give up until you DO succeed. (the other 1% is luck). I believe in you. You are far from unattractive (as far as I can tell), so just practice your confidence and keep trying.

IDK, maybe my advice isn't great for you, only you can tell. Just be smart and safe, but above all else, be confident. If you can't be confident, fake it till you ARE it.

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Which is definitely true. You need to be your own person and be happy with yourself before you look to add someone else into your life. I mean, because being in a relationship is a huge step. You can't necessarily rely on your partner to replace whatever missing element may or may not be in your life.

I was kind of in the same boat, I guess. I never really had a lot of interest growing up. And I don't know if that was because before I transitioned, I was kind of a homebody and wasn't uber secure in who I was as a person or because I was a bit of an ugly duckling? (I mean, I was a pretty awkward looking teenager).

I mean, it'll happen. When you do find someone, whether you're looking or not, I'm pretty sure it'll be like my case- they'll tell you you're a handsome mother fucker and you'll sit there, agape. "Where the fuck were you?"

Who says you'll never be in a relationship though? Sure, you gotta be happy with being alone when it happens but there's no saying that can't happen one day.

9. MN Writer

Exactly! It's important to understand, especially for someone younger in life, that having a partner doesn't really cure any problems you are having (except maybe money if you comingle it). Everything you are feeling now (lack of confidence, sadness, and even loneliness) will still be present in that relationship, especially if it becomes a long term relationship. Maybe at first you’ll be too happy about the new relationship to notice the other things, but they will still be there and chances are they will manifest in new and terrible ways if they aren’t addressed.

This goes back to my advice about building your confidence. If you can learn to be happy and confident on your own before anything else, you will be much more prone to attracting a better relationship. Fix the inside and everything else will fall into place. Sounds silly but the sages have taught us this for ages.

10. KayJay

I am sort of similar to you, Ray. I don't like myself, I think no one would ever want to be with me because of who I am. It's hard to not think that way sometimes. I used to be looking for a relationship this whole last year and I couldn't meet anyone anywhere it seemed. I tried online sites, clubs, even just going out more to get out there. Nothing worked at all, though I did make a pretty great friend which is nice. I figured what's the point, I'll always be alone so I stopped looking. Just like everyone told me if you stop looking for someone, you'll find someone. I am dating someone now, we've been dating for maybe a few months now although I have mostly been keeping it a secret, I'm not sure why.

I still have all those feelings about myself and when I am with him they usually go away. But once I go back home I feel all the same things. It was discomforting to read all the stuff everyone else has said about how you need to sort of love yourself before a relationship.

Anyways I am not sure if that helps at all, I totally get your struggle though.

11. MN Writer

KelsC, sorry if what I wrote was discomforting. I just wanted OP to know what you echoed in your own story about how when you go home you still feel those pessimistic/sad things about yourself. When you are with him you forget about all of that, which is good, because it means you are feeling love of some kind (maybe not “in love” if you haven’t gotten there, but you are at least letting go of your resistance and allowing your natural state of love to flow past your doubts) but the love of another will never be enough to really root out the sadness you feel inside. It can help you realize that you are being too hard on yourself, but in the end you have to be the one who heals your pain with self-love, no one else can do it.

I think you are pretty awesome, myself, but that will be a pale comparison to the love you’ll feel when you **accept** (key word here) your own awesomeness. Our society says you aren’t supposed to love yourself too much, because then it’s just pride or arrogance, but they are mistaken. Pride and arrogance both arise from a heart that DOESN’T love itself. It’s an outward overcompensation for the lack of self-love. No one who truly loves themselves as the beautiful miracle that they are could ever suffer from too much pride or arrogance (because they understand that all things, living and non-living are precious miracles). True self-love leads to compassion and peace, to allowing that which already is to exist without judgment or condemnation. We are all divine expressions of love in physical form, we just forget that along the way. Learn to quiet the mind and you’ll remember just how amazing you are and those sad feelings you have about yourself will evaporate like the phantoms of thought that they are. The thoughts hurt because they aren’t true. If what you are thinking hurts you, then almost always the opposite thought is the truth. (I’m worthless = sad = lie. I’m beautiful = happy = truth)

Okay I’ll put away my hippie soapbox now. =)
    (*hug*)

12. iiimee

I know how you feel! I don't mind not dating until I am older, but I worry about never experiencing love... I can't date straight guys because I see myself as a man, and them treating me like a woman would hurt. :frowning2: Still, I can't see a gay man wanting me because I am female body-wise. Girls are a no for me anyway. It's confusing and I don't know what advice I'd give except keep looking for your type of person if you desire to fall in love! There's somebody for everybody if you look. Just know you are not the only person here suffering from that!

13. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Wouldn't date a straight guy either. Or at least not anyone who wasn't already attracted to men on some level.

But if you only like men, there's still hope for you.

You'd be surprised by how many gay men I've come across who were curious about me being pre/non-op or didn't mind. Sure, there are many, many gay men who seem to be very specific about their love of cis penis but there are also many, many gay men who definitely have or want to be with trans men. In fact, there might even be a gay FTM who's open to the idea of dating another trans man.

And a bisexual man may be a good choice for you. I've found in my...rather limited experience that most of the bisexual men I've come across were okay with me being pre-T and pre-op. In fact, my boyfriend is bisexual himself and is very, very attracted to masculine people. He sees me 100% as a male.

14. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I personally would be open to dating a trans women, and so would many of the lesbians and straight men I know, so I'm sure there are also straight women and gay men that would date a trans men as well. As well as bisexuals and pansexuals. Please don't give up, as others said, a relationship comes when you least expect it.

15. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I agree with the self victimization being a bad thing to have, not only in getting into relationships but trying to find one with that attitude. Everyone brings up good points that being and accepting yourself self will attract someone more than hating yourself. The problem is that I'm having trouble with that, because I'm just so angry, frustrated and discouraged. I definitely need to work on my confidence level and self esteem; however, I still feel that it won't change much in terms of finding anyone, not a matter of attracting anyone. The problem is finding someone who will accept me for who I am.

#15 RayXxx, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  16. anonym

anonym Guest

I don't mean this as a criticism but why don't you try some self improvement? Everyone has things they can improve about themselves and I don't just mean appearance wise. You could start working out if you don't already. You could learn to play an instrument or learn another language. You could brush up on your math or IT skills. Anything really. The sense of accomplishment you will get is bound to give you a confidence boost and again, I don't mean this as a criticism but it will give you something extra to focus on rather than dwell on this idea that you will never get a girl. I am telling you this because I am in a similar position myself (not so much worrying about being single but dwelling on the idea that I'll always be an outsider) and I am planning to do some of the things I mentioned above.Who knows, you might even meet someone through a new hobby when you least expect it.

(p.s. I'm sorry if anyone felt uncomfortable with my earlier comment. I didn't mean to upset anyone.)

17. MN Writer

the first step is to decide you want to. Once you decide that you want to find ways to accept yourself and to not be angry with yourself, you can start to make small improvements. you can start to notice when you are being overly hard on yourself and start to forgive yourself for being so hard on yourself (don't get mad about how you are mad at yourself, that doesn't work). When you find yourself overwhelmed with thoughts and anger, try to take your focus off of the repeating thoughts and turn it to something completely in the current moment. concentrating on your breathing is an excellent way to find in the moment peace (I'm a Buddhist, so I'm offering conscious meditation methods) or concentrating fully on what you are doing (writing, walking, typing, touching something, etc.) without thought. If you can get good at this practice of conscious meditation, you will find that all of your anger/sadness/doubt will dissipate.

You should read "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle, it might help you overcome some of your self-doubt/anger

18. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some things will take some time. I thought I'd be forever alone for the longest time, but love came onto my path again and now I'm engaged.

Don't be so hard on yourself, bro. Love will find you in the weirdest of places.

19. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I don't just completly sit and dwell on my thoughts all day. I play the harp, shoot hoops often, walk my dog, I work and try hard in school, but I would like to do better at those things. I'm asking for a gym membership for Christmas so I can start working out as well. It's not a simple fix by any means, but I will try to improve myself with time.

20. cumberbatched

I know I cannot completely relate to the situation, but I definitely relate to being lonely. I feel like I am afraid to pursue relationships, especially with girls since my family is 100% against homosexuality. Sometimes I feel like it is just easier to stay single rather than face the judgement. But I am always hoping that someone will just miraculously show up and we will fall in love or something, I know it's silly and because I am too afraid to make the first move I will stay single. Maybe if you just put yourself out there a bit there will be someone with a similar situation to mine waiting for you. :slight_smile: Best of luck!