1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I lucky or is there something else?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PeculiarChild, Nov 4, 2014.

1. PeculiarChild

I've always felt off... sometimes for different reasons.

Firstly, there was the fact that I am the smartest, most backwards kid you could meet not to have a formal diagnosis of anything (several informal suggestions from lots of people, including professionals). That's kind of messed with myself and my life, but also means I can say anything really and no one really thinks much of it (like how when I was ten, I coined the word queeritude, announced I would change my middle name to James, and discussed my queeritude at length. Nothing. No suspicion, nothing...).

The other is rather intertwined in that fact, and that is the state of my transliness. The James and the queeritude may have hinted towards that fact (It will be James... fuck Elizabeth). The state of my transliness is why I have short hair (it's beautiful), wear only boys' clothes (sans the obvious), and will not shave my legs (no matter what my sister says... shut up, no on likes you, mi hermana).

There is something I've been wondering though. I've wondered how incredibly lucky I've been, and whether that's a coincidence or something more. I am about one of the luckiest transboys out there:
    I'm fourteen and nearly entirely prepubescent. I've got armpit hair and barely-there boobs (hate that word) and have never had a period.
    I've got a hairy belly (love that word) and the whole digit ratio down.
    I pass (with strangers) pretty much 100%. My friends have thought I was a guy from behind and then said how sorry they were for thinking this (total confidence boost). I even once talked at length about my long hair without any suspicion, which surprised me.
    I'm the tallest "girl" in my family on both sides (sans my freaky cousin, but her parents are both 6'+).

I'm wondering if this is just an absolutely fantabulous coincidence because life decided to make up for breaking my mom's spine and giving me whatever the fuck's wrong with me socially (accusation of sociopathy by family often, beg not to talk to the waiter, strong resistance to change--and I mean strong, and various others). Or if I've got some weird hormonal levels--like some sort of intersex condition. So, yeah.

That was a lot of writing and took up a lot of homework time (procrastinator am I) (Thanks, Inner Yoda!), so I hope this leads to some sort of confusion-clearing. (!)(!)

2. iiimee

...After reading this, I am super jealous. Hey, can you check my profile and tell me if I pass as a boy? ._.

3. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Dude. So jealous :grin:

But y'know, I'm 18 and have AA/A cup breasts, narrowish hips, a square jaw, bushy eyebrows, broad shoulders, a hint of Adam's apple, and FTM finger ratios. Only thing is that I'm short. Oh, and I get agonizing periods with cramps for 3 weeks :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:

4. PeculiarChild

I think you look very ambiguous/androgynous in that you could probably be gendered either way, but most people wouldn't hazard a guess.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So lucky, I'm pretty jealous. I forgot what size my chest is, but I'm one of those unfortunate bastards that deals with cramps almost every day (some so painful and intense that I can't stand up) and "the curse" having me take the backseat at the worst times.

6. DoriaN

Should share a pic :3

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Do you think some meditation or relaxation techniques might help ? (*hug*)

You might have a look at this:
    http://www.organicauthority.com/health/natural-menstrual-cramps-remedies-period.html
    I'd prefer organic vitamins...
    Of course this is no health advise, so you might talk about this with your doctor...

OP, I'd say be happy with it... keep at it... (*hug*)

8. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Post a photo of yourself.

9. PeculiarChild

I'm pretty sure I did in albums. Pending moderator approval.

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2014 at 01:50 PM ----------

I was a bit cautious at first considering I'm fourteen and have had creepy pedophile experiences (all of them short of molestation). As well as the fear someone from school or my family will see it or some of the accounts are fakes trolling to out LGBT people. I'm paranoid, if you can't tell.

10. PeculiarChild

While I do pass as a boy, it's not manly-man kind of thing. The two (positive) words used to describe me are "smart" and "adorable".