1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria from school

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RalphHenry, Nov 5, 2014.

1. RalphHenry

RalphHenry Guest

I have been dressing like a guy for the past couple of weeks at school and it has made me feel better. However, I have the misfortune of being in high school. I can't look at one guy and not feel jealous or dysphoric. There's nothing I would've loved more than to have had the priveledge of being a teenage boy. It makes me feel better to talk to certain guy friends of mine because it makes me feel like "one of the guys".

This is the time when they are starting to get serious facial hair and they don't shave it. Their build starts filling out to look more like a man. They're getting super tall. They are getting full leg hair. I'm over here about the average height for a woman, high pitched voice, and a big chest for my age. It is so disheartening.

My Dysphoria has never been really bad where it has affected my mood for the rest of the day, but today I can no longer say that. I've been super upset about my body all day today. I hate my chest! I use small sports bras to bind, but it's not working anymore. It was tolerable, but I can't work with it for much longer. I wish they simply just peeled off!

My birthday is this weekend and my mom agreed to take me clothes shopping. I'm unsure of what to do. Should I come out? Should I just ask to wear guy clothes? My mom just bought a bunch of new makeup and she was so excited for me to look through it. I acted like I wasn't impressed because I actually wasn't. She asked me what my problem was and I just made this sound. I was so nervous. I could've taken that opportunity, but it didn't feel right.

2. PeculiarChild

You could ask for boys' clothes while latching onto the tomboy identity. If you pretend you're a straight (you genuinely like guys, so not much pretending) girl who's boyish. There's a lot more acceptance for girls outside the gender norm to still be "normal" than boys.