1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal? Just what am I?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Quiet Raven, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Quiet Raven

Let me start by saying I am very ignorant when it comes to this sort of thing. And I have never started speaking to anyone about this until today.

I am male. And I am only attracted to women. However, the weird thing is... I also want to be a woman. Like I said, I am very ignorant. But when I think of transgender people, or people who have desires to be the other sex...aren't they usually homosexual? Maybe I am completely wrong there. Probably am.

I am not sure if I can say I identify more with women or not. Any personality quiz I took on the subject says I lean more towards male. But I can definitely say I like women's style better. Both with female clothing and just the bodies they have. That is what I wish I looked like. Right now, I seriously hate almost everything about my body... I guess I just want to be a boyish girl. Lol
    I would like to try on female clothing myself. But I never really got a good opportunity. And I don't have the courage.

So what do you think? Am I normal? And would I be considered "trans male?" "Trans female?" I have no idea.

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you were assigned male at birth, it's impossible to be trans male. However, you may be trans female.

Can you elaborate on how you feel about being a woman? Do you wish to be seen and perceived as a woman?

3. Quiet Raven

I see. And yes. I do wish that. Although the thought of the people I know knowing that is very embarrasing. It feels very strange. It is kinda hard to even completely explain it.

Well what I want mostly is to have the surgery and actually change. But I doubt I can ever afford that.
    I just seriously wish I was born female.

#3 Quiet Raven, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Many trans people feel embarrassed at that thought as well. I understand.

It sounds, to me, like you are a trans woman - but what is making you doubt that you are not?

5. Quiet Raven

Nothing really. I just wasn't completely sure I understood the terms correctly. I figured the best way to know is to explain it and ask. Thanks for clarifying.

6. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, that's no problem. If I was unclear on anything, feel free to ask!

7. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Wait, if you identify as a woman attracted to other women, wouldn't that make you a lesbian? So you WOULD be homosexual....

And I'm a straight trans guy, which means I identify as male and am attracted to women.

8. Quiet Raven

I see... Yeah this whole matter is very confusing to me and this is the first time I really started to try and understand it. Lol.

9. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  10. Quiet Raven

Oh OK. Cool thanks.

Now let me just say. It feels really good to be here. I am not sure when, or even if, I will ever completely come out with my feelings outside of this group,. But it is great to at least have a place like this to be open with this. I am still a little confused. But I am happy that I can be welcomed the way I am here. And to have you to help me figure stuff out as I go. I will have some more questions. And I thank you for being so understanding and helpful.