1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ktr123, Nov 5, 2014.

1. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    so for a while now I known I been male and I just come to terms with it I come out to my two best friends and they still love me for who I am even if one still trying to understand a bit i'm just scared to come out to my family I know there nice people and they will still love me for who I am but i'm just so scared and I don't what to go my whole life not saying anything to them and i'm just scared something bad will happen and i'm to young to go live with a friend if something dose and i still go to high school year 8 and i have to wear dress and have kinda long hair and follow female gender roles and i just what to be me and not someone i'm not and this is making my life worse not being to be who i am and being what people see me as

2. DoriaN

Been a while since I've seen a run on sentence.

I suppose congrats and my condolences are in order Dx !

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. MN Writer

Oh sweetheart, you are in quite the pickle, aren't you? I don't know your situation firsthand but have you thought about just testing the waters out with your parents? like asking them hypothetical questions about what they think of transgender people in general?

On one hand I think it could be advantageous to keep it to yourself until you are better able to take care of yourself in case they do have a very bad reaction, but at the same time if you have a desire to medically transition (HRT) the earlier you start, the more of an impact the hormones will have.

Do your parents see you as any sort of "tomboy" or unusually masculine for a girl? if they are already aware of your masculine predilections they might be more understanding than you think. Are they religious or highly conservative at all?

if it was me, I'd maybe hint at it to them and see how they react before you make a decision to keep it inside or to tell them outright.

5. ktr123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    not really on being transgender but I have with being gay and there fine with that there very understanding people

I all was desire a male body my female body makes me fell yuck and sad because its not me its not who I am its not right

my parents do see me as kinda a tomboy I mostly look in male clothes and sit with my legs open i'm trying to hint at them with small things so when I do come out maybe its not as big no they are not religious or highly conservative there pretty understanding people and supporting people

ya i'm kind of hitting with doing male like things to start of with

6. SockPuppet

I guess I'd say that if there's anything I've learned over the past several months, it's that coming out isn't a race to the finish line, it's a journey. You have to take your time and go at your own pace, telling people in the order you feel comfortable. Best of luck. :slight_smile: