1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeover

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Slothus, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Slothus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently came out to a couple of my friends (1 male, 1 female) as well as their mom who overheard (She's amazing anyway). For the most part they're really supportive of everything and they came up with this idea of a makeover thing for me that would only be temporary but would just give me a brief glimpse of what I would be like as a female. While I really like this idea it also scares the living crap out of me.

And now I can't tell if that's because of some residual shame over who I am or because I'm worried that I'll be ugly. I'm a really shallow person and appearance is incredibly important to me as well as how others see me. I also hate the word makeover

Anyway I was only hoping you could help understand this and possibly give me advice. Thanks.

2. Quiet Raven

Cool!
    But yeah. I can understand that. I would actually feel exactly the same way if that opportunity presented itself to me. But I'd say go for it. Don't run away from something you want to do just because its a little scary.

I hope it turns it well.

Oh, and yeah I don't like the word "makover" either... But you don't have to think of it that way. Maybe you can ask your friends not to call it that too.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    God I've been out for a bit to more people than you and I never felt so... awesome as when my friend did my makeup for the first time.

I looked at myself and did the hands over my mouth gasp/giggle thing. That... might have been the first night I truly felt alive and like my outsides matched my insides.

Look at my latest two albums vs. My ones just prior and see the difference.