1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop the girly giggle?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Chriswe, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Chriswe

Hello, I'm Chris and I'm genderfluid, female by birth. So... On the days I'm a guy I get a lot of problems, but this is the one bothering me a lot at the moment.
    Whenever anyone says something funny I giggle a very girly giggle. I don't know how to stop it! It just comes out of my mouth before I can even think. It makes me sound like "adorable" or "cute" and that is not what I want on those days, AT ALL!

Does anyone know how to develop a more masculine kind of laugh? Or at least stop me from sounding like an idiot? Please help.

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Hey, I'm working on it. But that's the thing. It's easy to sound too fake or forced when it comes to a laugh.

Your laugh has to sound organic to be 'passable', does that make sense? If it starts a little lower in your throat or chest, that may do the trick. But don't force it.

Even I have a dumb laugh occasionally.

3. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Usually I have a sardonic, gender-neutral chuckle. Sometimes, it is a deep, loud, manly laugh.

Occasionally it sounds like SpongeBob's inane giggle. Hey, and no one was questioning HIS gender! :grin:

4. Chriswe

Hey, I tried and it kind of worked. Thank you! Now I just have to remember to use this laugh instead...

---------- Post added 6th Nov 2014 at 09:59 PM ----------

Hahaha I can just imagine the sound of that... :lol:

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also have that girly giggle that I try to suppress but it just bursts out anyway. When I started thinking of myself more as a male, then it started not to come out as much. If you try to make your voice lower on your male days, that should also help too, because your voice won't be used to going that high.

6. Chriswe

Thanks! I'll try that.